PC not booting in to BIOS or even any video display

WastedEmu

Hey everyone, I'm trying to troubleshoot a friend's PC right now and I've tried probably just about everything. I'm at the point where I think the CPU is defective. It is an i7-3770.

It doesn't matter what I do, I cannot get any sort of display to come up on a screen. No motherboard bios or anything at all. I've tried onboard graphics, multiple video cards, multiple motherboards, multiple kinds of ram in each motherboard in each slot, as well as multiple power supplies. Basically the only common component has been the CPU in the testing. I've cleared the CMOS on all of the boards I've tried... any other suggestions on things I can try? Or is it about time to call a time of death for His CPU? 

Multiple motherboards, multiple video cards, multiple types of RAM, multiple power supplies... Yeah. I'm with you on that. I think it's about time to call it for the CPU. Do check the motherboard pins to be sure everything is OK, but if you're sure the CPU power cables are connected firmly and you've tried it with multiple PSU's, then there's very little else it could be other than ghosts.

8 minutes ago, Runefox said:

Multiple motherboards, multiple video cards, multiple types of RAM, multiple power supplies... Yeah. I'm with you on that. I think it's about time to call it for the CPU. Do check the motherboard pins to be sure everything is OK, but if you're sure the CPU power cables are connected firmly and you've tried it with multiple PSU's, then there's very little else it could be other than ghosts.

The first thing I did was thoroughly check all of the pins on both boards... I guess it may be time to call for the death of the CPU.

it very well could be ghosts, it is right around Halloween, so I wouldn't put if passed those damn ghosts for haunting my friend's PC 

Thanks for the response! My last resort is asking for opinions of other PC enthusiasts when I've tried everything I can think of and after doing research