XBOX 360 freezes with a beep sound

Shammikit

i have a xbox 360 and after a  while of use it freezes with a beep sound and i have to turn it off from the powerbutton. some times i also get RROD (3 red lights)what could be the problem?

1 minute ago, Shammikit said:

i have a xbox 360 and after a  while of use it freezes with a beep sound and i have to turn it off from the powerbutton. some times i also get RROD (3 red lights)what could be the problem?

maybe it's overheating? try blowing some air through it to get out the dust and stuff.

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

maybe it's overheating? try blowing some air through it to get out the dust and stuff.

i have currently removed the case and there is no dirt anywhere.and the heat sinks are not very hot either

1 minute ago, Shammikit said:

i have currently removed the case and there is no dirt anywhere.and the heat sinks are not very hot either

do you have the power cable plugged in right? i remember my X360 would RROD because the power cable was not plugged in all the way :P 

Just now, RollinLower said:

do you have the power cable plugged in right? i remember my X360 would RROD because the power cable was not plugged in all the way :P 

ya everything is plugged in correctly.i fear something big has gone wrong :(.im currently changing its thermal paste to see if that works