Blizzards heroes of the storm might face troubles

Blizzards newly renamed moba heroes of the storm apparently shares the same name with a tabletop RPG released before. The tabletop game called heroes of the storm - sword of the great king is a RPG developed by Finnish game designer Mike Pohjola and released recently. The name is copyrighted in Finland, but not in USA and parts of Europe, in those places blizzard owns the rights.

He has all the rights to protect his game, but blizzards lawyers might take the case. He's thought os this

"I was surprised to find that Blizzard made a grab for the name, considering we've been using it for a year, and already have an existing published role-playing game," he told me in an email. "From my perspective this is a 'Goliath attacks David' story."

I'm not good with these kinds of issues so someone else can do the pondering.

Only English source I found:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128890-Heroes-of-the-Storm-May-Face-Difficulties-at-EU-Trademark-Offices

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

unlucky finnish guys

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I wonder if the people in Blizzard who developed the name even knew? I kind of doubt they did.

Doesn't matter if they were unaware, and the tabletop is about a year old, so heroes of the storm should yield results leading to the game. It has been on news since it was one of the first crowd funded Finnish games too

Doesn't matter if they were unaware, and the tabletop is about a year old, so heroes of the storm should yield results leading to the game. It has been on news since it was one of the first crowd funded Finnish games too

I didn't say it didn't matter, it does and I hope the Finnish tabletop gets to keep its name, but depending on how much Blizzard has sunk into the name/branding already they might be willing to pay top dollar to keep that name.

I didn't say it didn't matter, it does and I hope the Finnish tabletop gets to keep its name, but depending on how much Blizzard has sunk into the name/branding already they might be willing to pay top dollar to keep that name.

Yeah, I'm skeptical that blizzard'll be like oh sorry here's your name back. But I hope they can come to an some civilized conclusion where money didn't do all the talking