Need help, relatively new pc build

Phantom Itachi

Hey guys, 

This is my first time on a forum so bear with me, please. I am a relatively new PC builder. Last year around December I built my first PC. Or rather, I watched my friends built it and learned from their teachings and various youtube videos.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ <--- is my build. For some reason I couldn't find the storage on the website so I'll just add it here: WD Blue 3TB hard drive and a 120 SSD Sandisk drive where the OS is stored on. I have a few questions and concerns. First questions:

• Regarding ram, when upgrading do I have to stay with the same model as the other two? Or can I get like different ones like Corsair Vengeance pro ram sticks? and add them to my motherboard along with the pre-existing ones.
  • Regarding CPU, I've recently been looking into information about my CPU to see if it is out of date or whatever the case and a few threads from other websites like steam and other areas say that people prefer intel 15 processors to mine and that greatly influences how I view my build and makes me think it is inferior.
  • My friend provided me with a copy of Windows 10 that I greatly regret and I do not know if it is pirated and it is not activated if that helps you guys with any information you may need.

Also, recently (and when I say recently I mean like two or three times within this month that I can remember) My computer would freeze and provide me with a blue screen. some of the information that I remember it providing me is like "your computer has run into an issue, recovering files and will restart after complete" or something along those lines and has a sad face whenever it appears if that helps. Not sure if this helps but I play games like Overwatch, The Witcher 3, World of Warcraft legion and other things. 

One quick mention before I finish off, when I played Legion I would play on max settings but the only thing I would turn down completely would be the view distance. I would turn it down to 1 because if I leave it on 10 then i would get around 30 frames and I am not content with that. So thank you for taking the time out of your days to provide me with feedback and help! 

P.S: Please explain things to me in an easy manner since I may not get certain things as I said before, I am relatively new in the PC building community. It's nothing crazy but I do love the build greatly. 

ummm your link isn't the actual link, on the build, there's a permalink copy that in - btw what's your budget and what will you be doing on the computer - be specific

7 minutes ago, Phantom Itachi said:

• Regarding ram, when upgrading do I have to stay with the same model as the other two? Or can I get like different ones like Corsair Vengeance pro ram sticks? and add them to my motherboard along with the pre-existing ones.
  • Regarding CPU, I've recently been looking into information about my CPU to see if it is out of date or whatever the case and a few threads from other websites like steam and other areas say that people prefer intel 15 processors to mine and that greatly influences how I view my build and makes me think it is inferior.
  • My friend provided me with a copy of Windows 10 that I greatly regret and I do not know if it is pirated and it is not activated if that helps you guys with any information you may need.

Witht he RAM as long as you are in the same socket type (DDR3 or DDR4) and your Motherboard support the Rams Frequency (I.E 1300 Mhz - 2666 Mhz) then you will be fine. 

I can't comment on your processor until you fix the link.

For the Windows 10 if you have a 4 GB min. (8 recommended) USB thumb drive, just download the Windows 10 creation tool and make yourself a bootable thumb drive and install Windows from there. Afterwords you can pick yourself up a key for around $29 on Kinguin

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

wrong link; yours is the one besides the word 'permalink'.

6 minutes ago, Phantom Itachi said:

Hey guys, 

This is my first time on a forum so bear with me, please. I am a relatively new PC builder. Last year around December I built my first PC. Or rather, I watched my friends built it and learned from their teachings and various youtube videos.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ <--- is my build. For some reason I couldn't find the storage on the website so I'll just add it here: WD Blue 3TB hard drive and a 120 SSD Sandisk drive where the OS is stored on. I have a few questions and concerns. First questions:

for ram, mixing and matching different ram sticks should be fine as long as the voltage used remains the same(important) and the mobo supports it. try to get the same sticks but if you can't it should still work.

you friend did give it for free right? worst case scenario is you get a new cd-key if it turns out to be pirated.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Also I would like to be gaming on it mostly. and want it to last for a bit. I had the ASUS gtx 750 and upgraded to the gigabyte gtx 1060 in hopes that that would hold be off for a while

4 minutes ago, Phantom Itachi said:

the fx 8320 isn't as good as the i5(more comperable to an i3 in gaming) but you should still be getting good framerates. if you can, possibly upgrade to an i5 in the future but if you can't the 8320 is still decent enough.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

the fx 8320 isn't as good as the i5(more comprable to an i3 in gaming) but you should still be getting good framerates. if you can, possibly upgrade to an i5 in the future but if you can't the 8320 is still decent enough.

frames wise in the games that I play I get good frames, I've noticed in one game in particular The witcher 3 in certain areas or scenes my frames would go down to around 30 recently. But for a majority of the time that I have played it is around 60 flat. additionally, would my mother be able to support intel cpus?

1 minute ago, Phantom Itachi said:

frames wise in the games that I play I get good frames, I've noticed in one game in particular The witcher 3 in certain areas or scenes my frames would go down to around 30 recently. But for a majority of the time that I have played it is around 60 flat. additionally, would my mother be able to support intel cpus?

not at all, different socket. you'll need to buy an intel mobo with the same socket as the cpu you're getting.

sorry guys I noticed that i accidentally put one stick of 8GB of ram, its actually two sticks of 4gbs

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

not at all, different socket. you'll need to buy an intel mobo with the same socket as the cpu you're getting.

Ah.. that sucks. The one thing that I have been trying to avoid is dismantling my build since that would be troublesome. But I appreciate the help and will look into mother boards and cpus then. thank you so much