Accurate PPD?

I've only recently started folding and even more recently managed to get my GPU to fold (went back to 12.8 after a post the the good sir Whaler_99). My PPD is now 6101 and both my CPU and GPU are at >95% all the time. I have a Phenom II x4 965BE @4GHz and a 2GB 7850 at stock (will overclock at some point). Is this the sort of PPD you would expect?

"An Excellent Signature"

Hard to tell at this point - you need to complete 10 SMP WU's and then your bonus points will kick in. You did get a passkey correct and add it to the config?

Also, with the AMD, something that can sometime help - modify your CPU slot. If you normally have 4 cpu cores, modify it to only use 3. This will then leave only free that can more focus on the AMD card. Right now AMD cards hit the CPU a lot more then NVidia... pain.... You should be getting more PPD from just the 7850 I would think... but let the system run for a few days...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Hard to tell at this point - you need to complete 10 SMP WU's and then your bonus points will kick in. You did get a passkey correct and add it to the config? Also' date=' with the AMD, something that can sometime help - modify your CPU slot. If you normally have 4 cpu cores, modify it to only use 3. This will then leave only free that can more focus on the AMD card. Right now AMD cards hit the CPU a lot more then NVidia... pain.... You should be getting more PPD from just the 7850 I would think... but let the system run for a few days... [/quote']

Thanks, it's around 9000 now.

"An Excellent Signature"

Hard to tell at this point - you need to complete 10 SMP WU's and then your bonus points will kick in. You did get a passkey correct and add it to the config?

Also, with the AMD, something that can sometime help - modify your CPU slot. If you normally have 4 cpu cores, modify it to only use 3. This will then leave only free that can more focus on the AMD card. Right now AMD cards hit the CPU a lot more then NVidia... pain.... You should be getting more PPD from just the 7850 I would think... but let the system run for a few days...

Could you tell me how to change the core usage from 4 to 3? I tried using Configure-->Slots and changing it from -1 to 3 but all cores are still under load according to AMD Overdrive.

"An Excellent Signature"

That is exactly what you need to do - and yes, all four will show load still - as the AMD card is hitting core0. With AMD cards I recommend people do some tests. Run only SMP for a few days, see what your PPD is. Then run only GPU for a few days and see. Then run both together. Sometimes, as it is for me, only running GPU yields better overall PPD...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99