IPS or TN 1440p

JohnFPS

I think I have got it down to 2 screens Asus mg278q or asus mg279q 

1 minute ago, JohnFPS said:

is what is g-sync

wat

Also i would chose IPS anyday if refresh rate is the same and price is similar. 

IPS all the way better colors, viewing angels. if you have a nvidia card you will not be able to take advantage of free sync

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

1 minute ago, HydraGaming said:

wat

Also i would chose IPS anyday if refresh rate is the same and price is similar. 

lol 

9 minutes ago, JohnFPS said:

what games are you playing? if you are playing more esports like games such as csgo I would go for TN if you want pretty colors and better graphics and play more AAA games go for IPS

The color reproduction on ips is fantastic and I would high recommend it. But if you are playing mainly competitive game I would choose TN. 

My GTX 970 carries me to global.

also i was searching for an ips 144hz display and found that most come with display panel defects out of the box so read reviews before buying 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

12 minutes ago, JohnFPS said:

So what it comes down to is the same thing as always, color quality vs refresh rate. If you can buy a IPS panel with the same refresh rate as the TN panel your going for, and don't mind the cost increase then do it. IPS is going to give you better quality colors, and more "true" colors typically then a TN. TN monitors however are cheaper and usually support higher refresh rates, so are much more commonly used in competitive gaming situations. And the whole "Well you have to be sitting in front of a TN monitor directly or you get color bleed" while true, doesn't take into account that most of the time you are going to be sitting directly in front of the screen.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Assuming all other things equal - IPS definitely, if you can afford it. TN panel colours look distorted from even the slightest viewing angles. It's fine for playing games but when I'm lying in bed watching TV it's a pain in the arse as I have to stay in the same uncomfortable position to avoid colours going haywire.

Don't be fooled by the 3ms quicker response time which is "better for gaming"; you are never going to notice the difference unless you are a cyborg.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz