Second hand is it worth?

Parman

Make sure it's working and all, then I'd go for it.  The graphics card is a bit weak but the rest is up to spec to be a really good gaming system.  You could put a GTX 1060 or 1070 in it.  The power supply is a bit unreliable if it gets pushed, so I wouldn't overclock that much.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

test it, then run some benchmarking, if it works fine, id say buy it, i d get a the new 1050ti if i were you and maybe get a more reliable psu

1 minute ago, Aruxx said:

Make sure it's working and all, then I'd go for it.  The graphics card is a bit weak but the rest is up to spec to be a really good gaming system.  You could put a GTX 1060 or 1070 in it.  The power supply is a bit unreliable if it gets pushed, so I wouldn't overclock that much.

Would the psu be able to handle oc the cpu to 4.5 ghz? I won't be planing on oc anything else. 

1 minute ago, Parman said:

Would the psu be able to handle oc the cpu to 4.5 ghz? I won't be planing on oc anything else. 

If you want to do some overclocking like that I'd get a better power supply, it's peace of mind man.  Sure you can run 4.5Ghz and those power supplies aren't terrible, but I would personally feel much more comfortable doing that on a Seasonic or such.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

Just now, Aruxx said:

If you want to do some overclocking like that I'd get a better power supply, it's peace of mind man.  Sure you can run 4.5Ghz and those power supplies aren't terrible, but I would personally feel much more comfortable doing that on a Seasonic or such.

corsair CSMs are okay (tier 3), though CX greens not so much.

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

7 minutes ago, Aruxx said:

I thought corsair where a reliable brand?

1 minute ago, Parman said:

I thought corsair where a reliable brand?

Depends on what ones you get, but I was mistaken, the CSM line is higher in quality than the CX ones.  You should be fine as long as you aren't trying to do some crazy SLI stuff.  Good Luck!

12 minutes ago, Aruxx said:

Depends on what ones you get, but I was mistaken, the CSM line is higher in quality than the CX ones.  You should be fine as long as you aren't trying to do some crazy SLI stuff.  Good Luck!

Thanks