I feel like I know the answer, but..

TravisTea

I've been looking at going for gtx 1060 sli vs gtx 1070. Only reason I'm even considering the sli setup is because when the cards scale well in a game the performance is a bit more than the 1070. Someone talk some sense into me! ?

1 minute ago, LordSlimJimm said:

I've been looking at going for gtx 1060 sli vs gtx 1070. Only reason I'm even considering the sli setup is because when the cards scale well in a game the performance is a bit more than the 1070. Someone talk some sense into me! ?

1060 cant sli:ph34r:

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Eh, personally I'd go for a 1070 (or a Fury X, but that's really just me). Newer games do scale fairly well but a lot of older titles and some newer titles (coughs at Overwatch) don't scale at all.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

1060 cant sli:ph34r:

no, it can't officially. However some applications can utilize the extra power. Most (but not all) games though, cannot.

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

1 minute ago, Redsun20 said:

no, it can. and it does pretty damn well with it

since when:o

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

4 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

since when:o

See edit. worded it wrong

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

2 minutes ago, Redsun20 said:

See edit. worded it wrong

ah ok then, 1070 seems the choice

Spoiler

Just now, Prokart2000 said:

ah ok then, 1070 seems the choice

2 1060's would only be a better choice for rendering, which is not the intended workload

Ah didn't realize you couldn't sli them.. Easy choice then. Thanks for the info guys!