PC to TV via HDMI but no sound ?!?!?

Tai Tran

So I just bought a TV and I want to connect my PC to it so I bought an HDMI cable and connect them together (thru my GPU ports). I'll list all my connections here so you all can understand. DVI from GPU to monitor, speakers to motherboard, HDMI from GPU to TV. All I get is picture/video with no sound and turns out the TV becomes my 2nd monitor. How do I make the sound come out of the TV and make it not a 2nd monitor (so like a projector) of my PC? My monitor has 2 HDMI ports and 1 VGA port so I don't think there's an output port on my monitor that I can connect to my TV. This is not a big problem but currently I don't have a console just yet and I might watch some movies from my PC on the TV so I need to figure this out. HALP !!! please :(

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Right-Click the little sound icon in the lower right and select "Playback Devices".

I did the sound test and the sound did come out of the TV but it's still like a 2nd monitor (my mouse can move to it). How can I make the TV project my monitor instead of being a 2nd monitor ? 

5 minutes ago, Tai Tran said:

I did the sound test and the sound did come out of the TV but it's still like a 2nd monitor (my mouse can move to it). How can I make the TV project my monitor instead of being a 2nd monitor ? 

WindowsKey + P. Select duplicate.

2 minutes ago, Tai Tran said:

You can make the TV your default sound device without making it your primary display by going into the sound settings in Windows, then in playback devices right click your TV and select "set as standard" or something similar (don't have Windows set to English)

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

1 minute ago, derpylt said:

WindowsKey + P. Select duplicate.

I got it. Ty so much. But I have another problem :(. I made a stupid mistake and I disabled the TV in playback devices and now I can't see it. I unplugged the HDMI and plug it back in but it's not coming back :(

3 minutes ago, Tai Tran said:

I got it. Ty so much. But I have another problem :(. I made a stupid mistake and I disabled the TV in playback devices and now I can't see it. I unplugged the HDMI and plug it back in but it's not coming back :(

Go into device manager and select in the view tab "show disabled devices" then select your TV in the display section of device manager and reactivate it.

Edit: Now that I think about it you should be able to show disabled devices in the playback devices settings as well.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

Just now, Tai Tran said:

A simple restart will solve this problem. Make sure your both power and monitor cables are plugged in before a restart. 

4 minutes ago, Tai Tran said:

Ty so much everyone. I suppose to know all these but it's 3am I can't really think haha

12pm here, take care!