Noob in need of help.

So this is my first custom loop and i've decided if i'm going to spend this much money i'd like to do it right so i'm going with hard tubing.
I kind of just need help with the parts, i think i've got everything i want/need: https://www.pccasegear.com/sc/wn4 
But i just don't know if i have enough coolant/ tubing/ fittings. And is the pump powerful enough with all the 90 degree turns i'll be doing and the length of the loop? (I think bent hard tubes look tacky)
Just incase you wanted to know this will be cooling a 5820k and a evga ftw 1080, but it's more for looks. If you see something on that list that pops out to you as stupid/silly please point it out, this is a very work in progress list.

48 minutes ago, Money bagzsz said:

So this is my first custom loop and i've decided if i'm going to spend this much money i'd like to do it right so i'm going with hard tubing.
I kind of just need help with the parts, i think i've got everything i want/need: https://www.pccasegear.com/sc/wn4 
But i just don't know if i have enough coolant/ tubing/ fittings. And is the pump powerful enough with all the 90 degree turns i'll be doing and the length of the loop? (I think bent hard tubes look tacky)
Just incase you wanted to know this will be cooling a 5820k and a evga ftw 1080, but it's more for looks. If you see something on that list that pops out to you as stupid/silly please point it out, this is a very work in progress list.

Looks good to me, having recently done a hard line loop on my sig rig I will ask a few to you:

Do you have a method of heating the tubing? 

It's your first time, you will probably need a little more tubing as even a bend 5mm out will look stupid and its quite hard to save

I would really recommend a drain port probably on the res or rad depending on which is the lowest in the loop. 

Looks like you have 2 more fittings than you need, however thats a good thing cause if one leaks you have spares. You could also use them to mount the drain point from the bottom of the res to elsewhere in your case.

The radiator is kind of thin. Rule of thumb is 120mm per component + 120mm, which is the minimum. I wouldnt expect great temps. I would suggest a thicker rad at minimum as you may SLI later. Or if that case permits, an extra rad + a thicker rad.

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 hour ago, stealth80 said:

Looks good to me, having recently done a hard line loop on my sig rig I will ask a few to you:

Do you have a method of heating the tubing? 

It's your first time, you will probably need a little more tubing as even a bend 5mm out will look stupid and its quite hard to save

I would really recommend a drain port probably on the res or rad depending on which is the lowest in the loop. 

Looks like you have 2 more fittings than you need, however thats a good thing cause if one leaks you have spares. You could also use them to mount the drain point from the bottom of the res to elsewhere in your case.

The radiator is kind of thin. Rule of thumb is 120mm per component + 120mm, which is the minimum. I wouldnt expect great temps. I would suggest a thicker rad at minimum as you may SLI later. Or if that case permits, an extra rad + a thicker rad.

Thanks for the reply, i can get my hands on a heat gun if need be but i planned on using the 90 degree fittings for the corners as i don't really like the way bends look. (I do realize i will probably have to bend a little to compensate for depth)

The cart is a bit hard to read but that's a total of 5 meters of tubing i have there, sounds like a lot to me, but not enough?

I'll have a look into a drain port, i didn't even think of that thanks, however i did wonder how the hell you're supposed to fill it.

I have got 2 of those 360mm radiators in the cart so 120mm for my cpu 120mm for gpu and that's 480mm left. If you still think that's not enough i could add some thicker ones, i just didn't want to run into any compatibility issues.

It's personal taste i guess but i have always thought that well bent tubes look much nicer and cleaner than having twenty fittings cluttering up the build.

Also forgetting the cost of extra fittings, each extra fitting is another possible leak point!

I did a first time water cooled build this year - much smaller than yours - but i wished i'd had 4m of tubing instead of 2m as i got much better at bending after some practice

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

First time I've heard anyone say bent tubes look tacky?! I'd have to disagree there, and I don't think my build could be accused of that. If you're using 90 deg fittings everywhere, that could potentially look far too busy and cluttered, but I have seen it done well. There is absolutely a learning curve to the bending... especially when it comes to tubes with multiple bends going in different directions. Making the correct measurements is vital, otherwise things just won't line up. But in my view when you get it right, it looks so much cleaner.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

7 minutes ago, atomicus said:

First time I've heard anyone say bent tubes look tacky?! I'd have to disagree there, and I don't think my build could be accused of that. If you're using 90 deg fittings everywhere, that could potentially look far too busy and cluttered, but I have seen it done well. There is absolutely a learning curve to the bending... especially when it comes to tubes with multiple bends going in different directions. Making the correct measurements is vital, otherwise things just won't line up. But in my view when you get it right, it looks so much cleaner.

I'm definitely in the minority however i'm looking at some builds with the fittings i chose and i thought they were smaller. They don't blend in and look as sleek as i thought they would, i'm taking them off the list.
And about the tacky thing, it's not really bent tubing i don't like, if i can pull off a really sharp turn with a bend that a fitting does that will look just as good in my eyes, but i don't know if that's even possible.

15 minutes ago, Money bagzsz said:

I'm definitely in the minority however i'm looking at some builds with the fittings i chose and i thought they were smaller. They don't blend in and look as sleek as i thought they would, i'm taking them off the list.
And about the tacky thing, it's not really bent tubing i don't like, if i can pull off a really sharp turn with a bend that a fitting does that will look just as good in my eyes, but i don't know if that's even possible.

You can get tight bends, but as tight as a 90 deg fitting? No, not THAT tight anyway. You're talking about a machined piece of metal, so that's not possible, but I don't think there can be any argument a bend is cleaner. I think trying to balance a build with a load of fittings instead of bends is quite a challenge. It's rare I see this pulled off. In fact the only ones I've seen do it successfully are a few glass tubing builds, which necessitate that route (although you can get pre-bent 90 deg glass tubing now), but glass tubing is not so easy to work with. Plus a big reason I think it works better with glass is that the glass itself is really sparkly and stands out, in line with the fittings, where with acrylic/petg, the fittings dominates because the tubing is more opaque and less 'shiny', so all the fittings just take over and dominate.

I honestly think with some practice you will find you get a better result than you may think with the bends... but it will require some effort and you will likely get frustrated at first. But I always say that nothing worth doing is ever easy. ;)

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

11 hours ago, Money bagzsz said:

Thanks for the reply, i can get my hands on a heat gun if need be but i planned on using the 90 degree fittings for the corners as i don't really like the way bends look. (I do realize i will probably have to bend a little to compensate for depth)

The cart is a bit hard to read but that's a total of 5 meters of tubing i have there, sounds like a lot to me, but not enough?

I'll have a look into a drain port, i didn't even think of that thanks, however i did wonder how the hell you're supposed to fill it.

I have got 2 of those 360mm radiators in the cart so 120mm for my cpu 120mm for gpu and that's 480mm left. If you still think that's not enough i could add some thicker ones, i just didn't want to run into any compatibility issues.

Ok ye, I didn't see 5 meters nor the second rad! all looks good. I filled mine through the port on top of the res

5 hours ago, atomicus said:

You can get tight bends, but as tight as a 90 deg fitting? No, not THAT tight anyway. You're talking about a machined piece of metal, so that's not possible, but I don't think there can be any argument a bend is cleaner. I think trying to balance a build with a load of fittings instead of bends is quite a challenge. It's rare I see this pulled off. In fact the only ones I've seen do it successfully are a few glass tubing builds, which necessitate that route (although you can get pre-bent 90 deg glass tubing now), but glass tubing is not so easy to work with. Plus a big reason I think it works better with glass is that the glass itself is really sparkly and stands out, in line with the fittings, where with acrylic/petg, the fittings dominates because the tubing is more opaque and less 'shiny', so all the fittings just take over and dominate.

I honestly think with some practice you will find you get a better result than you may think with the bends... but it will require some effort and you will likely get frustrated at first. But I always say that nothing worth doing is ever easy. ;)

Don't matter what you/me or anyone thinks it's his opinion and his (I assume he) build :)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

15 hours ago, atomicus said:

I might end up doing bends, however this build: http://imgur.com/a/TEFWD   i assume is very similar to what i'll end up with, just different colors. And that looks so nice to me.

6 hours ago, Money bagzsz said:

I might end up doing bends, however this build: http://imgur.com/a/TEFWD   i assume is very similar to what i'll end up with, just different colors. And that looks so nice to me.

The only thing I'd be aware of, which pictures most likely won't show, is that if you're using all fittings instead of bends, you will need to be millimetre perfect with your tubing lengths. I think what is nice about no bend builds is the straight lines, but that is harder to achieve than you may think. If your measurements are off even slightly, you will end up with a load of tubes running at varying angles... not much, just a couple of degrees or so, but that will potentially ruin the aesthetic unless that's the random look you're going for.