lagbuster

mitch56829

10/10

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

OP just an FYI this is the news section you need to follow the posting guidelines or your post will be removed by Mods.

And most likely Linus will not see this unless you tag him.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'll buy 12

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Look at that price point...  I'll pass, my internet doesnt need that much of a boost.

Capture.JPG

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 minutes ago, mitch56829 said:

hey linus test this out

http://www.sejent.com/lagbuster/

This thing probably just tunnels you through a VPN.  It's not new tech by any means

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Look at that price point...  I'll pass, my internet doesnt need that much of a boost.

Capture.JPG

I can get a new ISP for that much

2 minutes ago, AnnoyedShelf said:

This thing probably just tunnels you through a VPN.  It's not new tech by any means

Sounds more like snake oil to me. Wouldn't going through a VPN increase your ping?

8 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Wait, Linus himself reads things on here? o.O

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Just now, sirtoby said:

Sounds more like snake oil to me. Wouldn't going through a VPN increase your ping?

not always.  Depends on the type of VPN technology you're using, and whether or not you're on a network that throttles that specific kind of traffic.  For example, the network at my college is pretty laggy if you try to game.  But if you use a VPN, it's not really possible for networking hardware to distinguish what kind of traffic it is, so it forwards it just as fast as any other traffic.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Just now, AnnoyedShelf said:

not always.  Depends on the type of VPN technology you're using, and whether or not you're on a network that throttles that specific kind of traffic.  For example, the network at my college is pretty laggy if you try to game.  But if you use a VPN, it's not really possible for networking hardware to distinguish what kind of traffic it is, so it forwards it just as fast as any other traffic.

I had a quick look at it. This Reddit thread seems to have figured it out. It seems to add another layer above real time traffic for QOS for game traffic. Basically seems to work best in a household where the available internet bandwidth is used all the time and the router is configured badly or doesn't allow you to set QOS options. 

54 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Tagging him won't change your odds since he has notifications turned off.

45 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Wait, Linus himself reads things on here? o.O

He does but I'm not sure how much.  Apparently a fair bit, but he doesn't post much so you wouldn't know it ;) 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

14 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

He does but I'm not sure how much.  Apparently a fair bit, but he doesn't post much so you wouldn't know it ;) 

Oh my! He could be reading my stupid comments in off topic and thinking I'm a total 'tard! :( I don't care if other people think that, but not Linus! 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Literally just qos lol my $30 router flashed with dd-wrt would do a better job than this pos. 

Op if u are willing to spend that much money and want something that actually does something but still somewhat gimmicky look at netduma.