PC randomly cutting off

Dazz

I am having issues with my PC and I am not sure what the issue is or even how I would go about diagnosing it. Every few hours it will just turn itself off. It is like the PC has suddenly had the power cut from it. And obviously I want to fix this as although I have not lost any unsaved files from it yet, I fear that it will happen soon as this is used for doing work. If someone could help me work out how to diagnose this it would be very much appreciated!

2 minutes ago, Dazz said:

I am having issues with my PC and I am not sure what the issue is or even how I would go about diagnosing it. Every few hours it will just turn itself off. It is like the PC has suddenly had the power cut from it. And obviously I want to fix this as although I have not lost any unsaved files from it yet, I fear that it will happen soon as this is used for doing work. If someone could help me work out how to diagnose this it would be very much appreciated!

Not to be insulting, but could this be some power saving mode?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Do you have a separate Psu around? 

Try it instead of the build in.

I think this is the first thing I would debug, when power is randomly cutting of.

On 25/10/2016 at 3:28 AM, Xanthe_2871 said:

Not to be insulting, but could this be some power saving mode?

No, it is not in any kind of power saving mode, I have checked that one.

On 25/10/2016 at 3:28 AM, TrickyWitcher said:

Full specs?

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Vkr7YJ here is the PCpartpicker link, and the only addition I have made to it since then is adding 2 more sticks of the same RAM that is already in there. 

On 25/10/2016 at 3:29 AM, Cellebyte said:

Do you have a separate Psu around? 

Try it instead of the build in.

I think this is the first thing I would debug, when power is randomly cutting of.

I unfortunately do not have any other PSUs which are any more than 220w which would not be able to run this system. 

38 minutes ago, Dazz said:

I unfortunately do not have any other PSUs which are any more than 220w which would not be able to run this system. 

Do you have a friend who has one?

I had this same problem a few weeks ago and after i bought a new psu, i found out it was not plugged into the wall outlet all the way, I recommend you check that lol

First thing I would do is check temperatures. You can use HWMonitor for that, note the temperatures for your components while the computer is idle, and while it's at load (running a game, running Prime95, etc). Also, are there any events logged under System in Windows' Event Viewer around the time of the cutouts?