Home Link Aggregation

Greetings all!

Does anyone know if there is a device available (not a switch) that would do link aggregation at the home? I could have sworn LTT did a video about something similar, but I can't find it and can't tell if I am just crazy.

Scenario:

My wife wants to move to a rural property and all I can find available in that area is 15 meg TDS internet. They said they could do multiple lines to the residence, but that is all fruitless if I cannot aggregate the connections.

Thanks!

Ben

15 minutes ago, EvilPOKES said:

Greetings all!

Does anyone know if there is a device available (not a switch) that would do link aggregation at the home? I could have sworn LTT did a video about something similar, but I can't find it and can't tell if I am just crazy.

Scenario:

My wife wants to move to a rural property and all I can find available in that area is 15 meg TDS internet. They said they could do multiple lines to the residence, but that is all fruitless if I cannot aggregate the connections.

Thanks!

Ben

LTT indeed did a video in this: 

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

Link aggregation is a parallel connection between two specific network devices. If you are talking about dual WAN, then it is not link aggregation since you are connected to different providers.

The video itself is here

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 hour ago, jj9987 said:

Link aggregation is a parallel connection between two specific network devices. If you are talking about dual WAN, then it is not link aggregation since you are connected to different providers.

The video itself is here

The connections would all be from the same ISP. Unfortunately, the wireless provider is the only thing available that I can find. I just want to make it to where I can game (15 meg gaming is going to be painful if I can't combine services) and others can stream netflix, vue, etc. simultaneously.

Gaming should have no issues at 15Mb, latency would be far more of an issue. Using wireless internet whether it's a WISP or Sattelite or Cellular, will have higher latency than most wire-based connections. Even though downloads are painful at 15Mb it is plenty to actually game on. You could game just fine on a 5Mb by 5Mb as long as nothing is saturating your connection. The solution provided an option to increase speeds however I will guess your latency goes up due to overhead, however, it may be acceptable. Good luck.