Having issue with new PC build

Azaroth

Update. Picked up an Asus x99 a-ii and boom! Updated BIOS and the ES Xeon works. I want to thank everyone for all the help. 

Glad you managed to get it all running! Strange that two of those MSI boards failed to run on you, but hey, that's the seller's problem now. :D 

All is working well with the ES Xeon but I keep getting it to hangs on post code 25 then 41 then stays at 19. I can't install windows and the only way it gets past that is if I take out the battery and reset the BIOS. It reads both sticks of RAM cause I thought it was a memory error. Any advice. 

That seems to me like it's a memory initialization thing. By any chance, are you manually setting your RAM speed? If so, try running everything at auto. Have you tried pulling one of the RAM sticks? Just to be sure, try booting up a copy of Memtest86 and see if you get any errors over a pass or two.

Everything is set to auto, the weird thing is once I clear the CMOS and remove the battery it works goes right to install windows, then when it reboots to finish install it hangs on 19. Every time it does that. When I get into the BIOS the first time both sticks read. 

1 minute ago, Azaroth said:

Everything is set to auto, the weird thing is once I clear the CMOS and remove the battery it works goes right to install windows, then when it reboots to finish install it hangs on 19. Every time it does that. When I get into the BIOS the first time both sticks read. 

Well, just because the RAM shows up doesn't mean it's good. Try pulling one stick and see if it works, and try running Memtest on it to be sure.

Ran it with 1, two and no RAM. On second boot I keep getting 19. I take the battery out and it fine until the reboot. 

Would unbuffered RAM make a difference? Like RAM that supports ECC. 

ECC vs non-ECC shouldn't make a difference as far as this goes as long as the memory tests OK. Have you run a couple passes of Memtest yet?

Yes I have, every time I try different sticks of RAM or a different order, 1 or 2 I press memok after it gets stuck at least twice. 

I feel like maybe the RAM I have is either bunk or just night right. So where should I look for native lower speed RAM? 

12 hours ago, Azaroth said:

I feel like maybe the RAM I have is either bunk or just night right. So where should I look for native lower speed RAM? 

The speed rating for RAM isn't how much it will run at, it's how high its maximum is. Virtually all DDR4 runs at 2133 by default as standard. Any RAM rated for higher will automatically run at that until either XMP is enabled or the timings and speed are selected manually. So any DDR4 module should work here as long as it's not bad.

So I'm going to order new RAM to test, I want to go 2133 following the Asus QVL but I'll be honest, I'm super unsure of what to get. Does it matter if it's quad or single channel, does the CL number matter, do the timings matter (xx-xx-xx-xx-T#) 

1 hour ago, Azaroth said:

So I'm going to order new RAM to test, I want to go 2133 following the Asus QVL but I'll be honest, I'm super unsure of what to get. Does it matter if it's quad or single channel, does the CL number matter, do the timings matter (xx-xx-xx-xx-T#) 

It doesn't matter if it's quad or single channel; That's mostly marketing, but usually tends to ensure you get RAM from the same manufacturing batch (and thus having similar characteristics in testing).

As for the CL and timings, again, these are what the RAM is rated for at best. Lower numbers are better for timings, but like the RAM speed itself, they're only applied either with XMP or by manually entering them. High-speed RAM will run at the rated timings when using its full speed, while slowing that same RAM down will let the timings go lower.