Need Some Cool Raspberry Pi Projects.

Alterlai

Good day everyone,

I recently bought a raspberry pi to mess around with.

So i put xbmc on it and used it as a media server for a while, but i want to do something else with it.

So maybe you have some cool ideas for a raspberry pi that doens't require too much extra money.

Thanks!

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

Good day everyone,

I recently bought a raspberry pi to mess around with.

So i put xbmc on it and used it as a media server for a while, but i want to do something else with it.

So maybe you have some cool ideas for a raspberry pi that doens't require too much extra money.

Thanks!

Kind of silly idea, use a raspberry pi, to create an automated assembly line, that makes, and bakes, raspberry pies, doesn't have to be expensive, you can do something like what was in the movie flubber.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of silly idea, use a raspberry pi, to create an automated assembly line, that makes, and bakes, raspberry pies, doesn't have to be expensive, you can do something like what was in the movie flubber.

Last time i saw flubber was such a long time ago so i can't really remember. But an assembly line? Please explain.. :blink:

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro

I have a couple that I've done some different things with:

• XBMC Media Centre
  • uTorrent client
  • Home server
  • NES Emulator/Quake 3!

Last time i saw flubber was such a long time ago so i can't really remember. But an assembly line? Please explain.. :blink:

Not an assembly line.. I can't think of the word? But like.. an automated pie baking machine. Sort of? it preforms simple operations, but theres a lot of parts.

Like the machine that makes him eggs and bacon, using random mechanical parts in a shoddy system operated on an old computer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found it. http://www.popgive.com/2009/09/build-breakfast-machine.html

Like this, but with a raspberry pie controlling the operations.

This

wet_pi.jpg

Kudo's to the person who made that

CPU:

Found it. http://www.popgive.com/2009/09/build-breakfast-machine.html

Like this, but with a raspberry pie controlling the operations.

In order for that to work i would need a BUNCH of wiring and soldering, which i don't have. 

So guess that won't do it..

CPU:

In order for that to work i would need a BUNCH of wiring and soldering, which i don't have. 

So guess that won't do it..

It's not that expensive tho.. You said cheap :(

It's not that expensive tho.. You said cheap :(

not planning on buying a bunch of equipment for a 1 time thing.

Thanks for the idea though.

CPU:

This

wet_pi.jpg

and then overclock it :D 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

and then overclock it :D

"To overclock or not to overclock. That´s the question."

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

automate your home! (garage doors,lights,curtains etc)

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

Turn it into a arcade machine grab a CRT some wood paint and some emulator and URL good and if your to lay to do the actual arcade button do a controller or joypad.

Run a home cctv array with it.

Get 19 more and use them for folding. :P

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

I've never done this but I've seen people online do this:

INFINITY DESK!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Turn it into a gaming rig, find a way to solder on a GPU or better yet, thunderbolt support

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Turn it into a gaming rig, find a way to solder on a GPU or better yet, thunderbolt support

A Titan Pi?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER