USB 3.0 Problem

Teggles7888

I bought a twin pack of USB 3.0 flash drives (2x 32gb Sandisk) the first became my daily drive for work while the other sat in my drawer for back up. It worked for a few weeks on both my laptop and desktop but now for some reason the drive only works in 2.0 ports. When plugged in to 3.0 port, the LED lights up but it doesn't connect to the PC or show in disk management.This would not be an issue if my laptop had 2.0 ports (only has 3.0). The other drive in my drawer works fine in both 3.0 and 2.0 ports so I do not think it's a driver issue or a hardware issue, it must have something to do with the drive itself. I would like to figure out what the problem is in order to prevent it from happening to my other drive. 

Cheap USB keys break all the time. They break in mysterious ways. It sounds just like a case of shitty luck for you, sorry dude.

When in doubt, re-format.

The USB 3.0 connector has separate contacts for 3.0 and 2.0. It might still be a HW issue, just on the drive instead of your machine. You know, something like a bad solder joint on one of the contacts for 3.0.