Pc turning off while gaming, Help!

lately i was getting an overheating problem and my pc would turn off while gaming. Because of this i decided to get a water cooler(Nepton 240m) for my cpu(AMD A8-6600k). Now i have had the cooler installed and have done for a week i did notice an amazing change in the cpus temperature (now runs 40°c-60°c idle). However my pc still turns off while gaming and i dont know why (runs 50°c-75°c gaming). In my opinion there is now reason for my pc to turn off so is there something im missing? please help

could be your psu is bad or the graphics card could be overheating

Check your psu. Usually in cases like these, the psu hasn't been dusted out in a long time and dust messes with the components. Try using an air duster to get in the power supply. If I were you, I'd take of the psu outer casing and give it a good dust out.

what are the other components in the pc and have you cleaned it 

PC's I Have Built And Currently Still in House:

Main PC (My One):

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @5.00Ghz

Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270-E Gaming ATX

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32gb (4 x 8) 3200mhz

Storage: 2TB Segate Barracuda HDD, 960gb HyperX Savage (Games), 240gb Samsung 850 Evo (OS)

Case: Corsair 750D

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU

Graphics Card: 2x Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080TI (SLI) 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Cooling: Custom Water Cooling

Just now, Exposal said:

could be your psu is bad or the graphics card could be overheating

i was thinking that it was the psu so i may try to get a new one. It's definitely not the gpu since that never goes over  45°c. Do you recommend any pacific psu?

12 minutes ago, MayhemGamingYT said:

i was thinking that it was the psu so i may try to get a new one. It's definitely not the gpu since that never goes over  45°c. Do you recommend any pacific psu?

Some 500-600W seasonic PSU will work great.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

17 minutes ago, thutzell13579 said:

I found the perfect jayztwocents video for you.

Great video, Thanks!

On 10/19/2016 at 4:41 PM, thutzell13579 said:

Check your psu. Usually in cases like these, the psu hasn't been dusted out in a long time and dust messes with the components. Try using an air duster to get in the power supply. If I were you, I'd take of the psu outer casing and give it a good dust out.

I've done this and it still hasnt made any changes :( anything else that could fix it?

23 minutes ago, MayhemGamingYT said:

I've done this and it still hasnt made any changes :( anything else that could fix it?

Do you have any other spare power supply's in your house?

Just now, thutzell13579 said:

Do you have any other spare power supply's in your house?

nope

Just now, MayhemGamingYT said:

nope

What about this. Open the side panel on your computer. Turn your computer on and examine the power supply while it's on. Don't touch it because that could electrocute it. Tell me if the power supply fan is spinning, and how fast. Also how loud it is. It would be even more helpful if you could take a short video of your psu running. 

@MayhemGamingYT

I was researching your CPU. Sooo, the max temperature the CPU can reach before it powers off is 74C. With the CPU cooler that you have, it should not be reaching those temperatures. How old is you CPU cooler, and when was the last time you replaced the thermal paste? I'm starting to think that dried up or insufficient pre-applied thermal paste is screwing you over. Run a temperature benchmark and watch it, see what temp it gets to when it turns off. I would look at a CPU and psu temperature at the same time and see how hot each one is when it turns off.

4 minutes ago, thutzell13579 said:

@MayhemGamingYT

I was researching your CPU. Sooo, the max temperature the CPU can reach before it powers off is 74C. With the CPU cooler that you have, it should not be reaching those temperatures. How old is you CPU cooler, and when was the last time you replaced the thermal paste? I'm starting to think that dried up or insufficient pre-applied thermal paste is screwing you over. Run a temperature benchmark and watch it, see what temp it gets to when it turns off. I would look at a CPU and psu temperature at the same time and see how hot each one is when it turns off.

He said he changed the CPU cooler already :P Maybe he didnt apply thermal paste ?

9 minutes ago, smokefest said:

He said he changed the CPU cooler already :P Maybe he didnt apply thermal paste ?

Yeah, some CPU coolers come with really crappy pre applied thermal paste that dries up quickly. I've had to replace my thermal paste before. It really makes a difference.

1 minute ago, thutzell13579 said:

Yeah, some CPU coolers come with really crappy pre applied thermal paste that dries up quickly. I've had to replace my thermal paste before. It really makes a difference.

Good to know. I'm getting 35 C on idle with my 4690K @ 4.5 ghz @ 1.255 V   with a coolermaster 212 evo and stock paste from it, 

Do you think getting some high quality thermal paste would drop it down to 30 ? or that it wud help somehow ?

18 minutes ago, smokefest said:

Good to know. I'm getting 35 C on idle with my 4690K @ 4.5 ghz @ 1.255 V   with a coolermaster 212 evo and stock paste from it, 

Do you think getting some high quality thermal paste would drop it down to 30 ? or that it wud help somehow ?

Well, it depends on how recent you applied thermal paste. No matter how old the heat sink is, you'll get a lower temperature from new thermal paste. But if your thermal paste was put on within a year and it was decent thermal paste than it's not really worth it to apply new thermal paste.

On 10/20/2016 at 9:46 PM, thutzell13579 said:

What about this. Open the side panel on your computer. Turn your computer on and examine the power supply while it's on. Don't touch it because that could electrocute it. Tell me if the power supply fan is spinning, and how fast. Also how loud it is. It would be even more helpful if you could take a short video of your psu running. 

i turned my pc on this morning and it started making a weird ticking noise that was quite loud so i turned the pc straight off and turned it on again and it was fine after that. Also, i installed my new cooler about a week ago and i applied the thermal paste it wasnt any of the crap stuff and what program do you recommend to do the temp benchmark

6 minutes ago, MayhemGamingYT said:

i turned my pc on this morning and it started making a weird ticking noise that was quite loud so i turned the pc straight off and turned it on again and it was fine after that. Also, i installed my new cooler about a week ago and i applied the thermal paste it wasnt any of the crap stuff and what program do you recommend to do the temp benchmark

Use geekbench or cinebench.

what psu is it?

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Do you have the latest graphics drivers?

System

• CPU
    I7 6700K Overclocked to 4.6 GHz at 1.33v
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 16GB 3000MHZ
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G overclocked to 2063 MHZ and 8900 MHZ memory clock
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage