Gtx 680 running hot

Prose

Hey guys, my gtx 680 4gb is running at 60 degrees celcius at 0% load, do you think it's just a matter of replacing the thermal paste? I'm going to roll back the drivers because this is a very recent issue. What do you think I should look at?

1 minute ago, jello77 said:

Fan is running? 

Is it dirty/dusty?

Fan is running at 37%. Just cleaned out the card with compressed air a month ago. Checked temps after I cleaned it out and I remember it being around 34 degrees C.

You might see some modest changes with changing the thermal paste.

Has anything else changed in your system?

Was has the temp gotten up to under load?

frequencies were at 100% for some reason. I restarted the computer and now the frequencies are back to normal, 44 degrees celcius and holding. Still warm. The temperature in my room is very cool. It's snowing here and I have the window cracked with the computer case open.

26 minutes ago, Prose said:

Hey guys, my gtx 680 4gb is running at 60 degrees celcius at 0% load, do you think it's just a matter of replacing the thermal paste? I'm going to roll back the drivers because this is a very recent issue. What do you think I should look at?

Make sure you replace the thermal paste and pads with fresh stuff and give the heat sink a good clean and make sure it is free of dust, but also remeber that it is a 680 and they do sometimes run hot anyway hahah! Also make sure ur case is getting good airflow! 

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

4 minutes ago, Samsterstorm said:

Make sure you replace the thermal paste and pads with fresh stuff and give the heat sink a good clean and make sure it is free of dust, but also remeber that it is a 680 and they do sometimes run hot anyway hahah! Also make sure ur case is getting good airflow! 

The only thing I have on hand is thermal paste, do I really need to replace the pads? Where would I go to buy some?

Also, I've had this card since launch It's no spring chicken but in my experience idle temps don't just rise by 10 degrees celcius, especially when my room is at a temperature of 16 degrees C.