Dad turned off my PC at switches when it was on

CandleJakk
Go to solution Solved by bgibbz,
2 minutes ago, CandleJakk said:

Not having problems anymore, it was just a bit sluggish for 5ish minutes after boot. There's no malware on the computer. Also, I didn't mean power switch, I meant at the switches as in the switches by the plug (unless that's what you were talking about too). Anyway, thanks for your reply and encouragement!(:

Windowns certainly won't like it, but its fine. When you shut down windows correctly, it saves and closes temporary files and such, and it cant do that when you yank the cord (or flip the switch). It could possibly mess up windows, but more than likely it was just reconstructing any missing data.

Hey all, I left my PC on and turned off the monitor while I was downloading a game on Steam, my dad being a bit of a noob with tech just switched it off out of the blue, and now it seems to be running a bit sloppily (?). Will this be fixed / will it recover after a while? Parts are only months old.

by pressing the power switch, it will still cleanly shut down. Even yanking the cord isnt a big deal. If you are having issues, its due to something else. Can you describe your problem more.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

3 minutes ago, CandleJakk said:

running a bit sloppily

What do you mean by this?

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

by pressing the power switch, it will still cleanly shut down. Even yanking the cord isnt a big deal. If you are having issues, its due to something else. Can you describe your problem more.

Not having problems anymore, it was just a bit sluggish for 5ish minutes after boot. There's no malware on the computer. Also, I didn't mean power switch, I meant at the switches as in the switches by the plug (unless that's what you were talking about too). Anyway, thanks for your reply and encouragement!(:

1 minute ago, CandleJakk said:

I have the same problem with mine. Its really just your PC warming up (That's at least how I think about it). I get 10 FPS less on average from my 120 on csgo when I start the game as soon as I jump on. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Just now, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

I have the same problem with mine. Its really just your PC warming up (That's at least how I think about it). I get 10 FPS less on average from my 120 on csgo when I start the game as soon as I jump on. 

Ah, I see. Thanks for the help!(:

2 minutes ago, CandleJakk said:

Windowns certainly won't like it, but its fine. When you shut down windows correctly, it saves and closes temporary files and such, and it cant do that when you yank the cord (or flip the switch). It could possibly mess up windows, but more than likely it was just reconstructing any missing data.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

Alright, thanks once again for the help! (: (and explanation)

you could change the settings in windows for the action thats been triggered with the power button

change it to sleep/standby works fine too ;) 

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

1 hour ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

This is because a lot of Windows startup processes need to take up your CPU and RAM to get going when you boot the PC. More than likely, if you had no startup processes you'd be ready to go once the desktop was visible.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||