Wireless Camera Setup

ohdatpro

So, my school's broadcast team is branching out into the world of live video feed. We want to utilize the use of wireless cameras, but I am unable to find a suitable camera for our needs. I understand that they are expensive, but they are hard to find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, ohdatpro said:

So, my school's broadcast team is branching out into the world of live video feed. We want to utilize the use of wireless cameras, but I am unable to find a suitable camera for our needs. I understand that they are expensive, but they are hard to find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

When you say wireless camera, do you mean a camera that can be operated remotely and will send the video signal back to a central control system via the wireless communication system?  Or will each camera be operated by their own camera operator and you just need a system that sends the video feed of the camera sent by wireless to a central hub?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

25 minutes ago, ohdatpro said:

There would be an operator. 

OK if the camera has someone operating it in person and you just want a wireless video transmission system to avoid running long cables the following brands produce reliable video transmission systems.  Paralinx, Teradek and IDX.  They are not cheap and while their systems are reliable, there is a risk of interference problems like any other wireless signal.  And you may not want to have many walls between the transmitter and receiver.

A more reliable solution would be to get cameras that have SDI out and run long BNC cables and have BNC breakout boxes placed in strategic locations, like a TV studio would do.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins