fittings loose overtime?

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

it should be a routine thing at first, then as time goes on, they'll eventually reach a point they'll not need periodic checking.

so about 2 months ago i build my full watercooling build cpu+gpu and today i checked my fittings and they weren't tied anymore like on the day i build the loop is this normal? because the system heats up and cools down?

some of the fittings i could give half a turn..

now i'm not to worried about it because it took me allot of forse to even get the tube on the fittings but i was just wondering if this was normal.

fittings used:  EK-ACF Fitting 10/16mm   

tube used:     PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 3/8 ID - 5/8 OD - Crystal Clear - PFLEXA-58   

thx in advance,

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

the temp deltas aren't great enough for such a difference, I'd look at the o-rings

Just now, zMeul said:

the temp deltas aren't great enough for such a difference, I'd look at the o-rings

sorry i didnt mention it, but i meant the ring that compreses the tube, not the fitting into a block if that makes sense..

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

yes, due to the expansion of the metals during the heating up phases.

eventually, you'll find that the cycling will subside once everything has stabilized.

Just now, airdeano said:

yes, due to the expansion of the metals during the heating up phases.

eventually, you'll find that the cycling will subside once everything has stabilized.

so this is a one time thing?

i don't mind checking every other month orso i just don't want it to leak :(

5 minutes ago, wildthing said:

sorry i didnt mention it, but i meant the ring that compreses the tube, not the fitting into a block if that makes sense..

yes, the o-rings are rubber and they will "settle" over time - eventually rubber degrades (at least 15y)

it should be a routine thing at first, then as time goes on, they'll eventually reach a point they'll not need periodic checking.

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

yes, the o-rings are rubber and they will "settle" over time - eventually rubber degrades (at least 15y)

i'm not talking about the o-rings, i was talking about these: http://imgur.com/a/3FhpC

43 minutes ago, wildthing said:

i'm not talking about the o-rings, i was talking about these: http://imgur.com/a/3FhpC

those fittings won't loose because the temp deltas aren't that great - it will need 10deg C delta for brass to expand 1-2mm

instead the hose (PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced) and o-rings will

I'm glad i read this thread, will open up my case and re-check all the fittings!

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop