Most Bang for the Buck Mechanical Keyboard

Craydy

Hello there,

so, after more than 3 years using some old Microsoft Keyboard i bought for way too little, I decided to get a new one. But after looking through all the Mechanical Keyboard market and what it has to offter, I am pretty overwhelmed. I was thinking about the Logitech Prodigy Keyboard, but then I realised, that it is not a Mechanical one. Is it still worth it to get for me, as I am really not sure if it is needed for me to get a Mechanical Keyboard. If I would get one, I either would go for Cherry MX Browns or Reds, as i do not like the clicky sound. Also I am used to an Armwrest so I would like to keep that (kinda like the one that the Prodigy Keyboard has, but I am not that finicky). And thats I all ask for. Are there good recommendations from you guys for a newbie regarding these Keyboards for an affordable price (I would like to stay under 100€ but it is not set in stone). I will use it mostly for gaming and programming. Thank you :D

Edit: Living in Germany, if thats a deal regarding shipping.

yeah the older k70s are kinda cheap now. or the cm storm 10 keyless models  those are around 65-80$. I think the k70s where 9$9

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

Could you show me where to get them? Do I have to buy them used? Amazon has it not avaible sadly.

i use the G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 RGB (MX RED switches) it comes at about 150€, but they do sell a redux version that to my knowledge has red backlight on the switches instead of rgb

RGB:      http://www.gskill.com/en/product/ripjaws-km780-rgb---mechanical-gaming-keyboard--cherry-mx-rgb-red-

"Redux": http://www.gskill.com/en/product/ripjaws-km780-mx---mechanical-gaming-keyboard--cherry-mx-red-

-arm rest

-usb port to plug in usb devices 

-audio ports (headphones and mic)

-you get 10 gamer keys (WASD and some surrounding keys with key remover and a little box to store keys in also can clip onto the keyboard so you dont lose them)

-a mouse cable hook so you always have enough slack on the mouse cable

-volume indicator

-media controls....

-... you know what here is a review it covers everything

Also i would advise against Cherry MX RED switches because they have no bumb indicating that you are pressing a button so i sometimes find myself pressing a button in game when i am just resting my finger on a key. so id highly recommend the Cherry MX Brown switches for a first mechanical keyboard. I am still very happy with the keyboard and it has my vote! Also if you are using a Razer mouse i found that the g.skill and razer synapse applications dont play so well together (makes mouse buggy... at least for me) so if you have a razer mouse just stay away. logitech is fine though.

and i know you can get it in germany i almost ordered it from mindfactory.de.

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Thats the perfect answer, thank you. Mindfactory has good deal atm and I can get it for around 110€ with shipping included, which is way better then anything else I saw this far, thank you.

56 minutes ago, Craydy said:

Thats the perfect answer, thank you. Mindfactory has good deal atm and I can get it for around 110€ with shipping included, which is way better then anything else I saw this far, thank you.

glad to help hope you will be as happy as i am ;)

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)