How big is the difference

AlCarosse

How big is the performance difference between the cheapest and the most expensive GTX 1060 out there ?

maybe 10fps? what you are paying for is the looks and extra features and ofc the cooler for overclocking and the binning of the chip

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

maybe 10fps? what you are paying for is the looks and extra features and ofc the cooler for overclocking and the binning of the chip

I'd say it's negligable tbh no way in hell will you see a 10 fps difference as they all clock to at least 2000 and the max is 2150 and it's all lottery

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Personally go with the cheapest option that doesn't have a blower style cooler (minus the evega non SC since it doesn't cool properly from reviews I've seen)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Most probably a difference of a few fps due to overclocking and the effectiveness of the fan to be quiet and keeping the chip cooled 

10  fps in witcher on 4k or 10 fps in csgo on 1080p ? The main game I play is WoW on 1080p, But I meant in % gain. 10 fps is, unfortunately unrepresentative,

And yes, I know I don't need GTX 1060 for WoW, but I'm going to buy new PC, and thats the entry anyway. Due to previous experience, not a huge fan of Radeon...

I'm just curious, what I actually get for paying more.

3 minutes ago, AlCarosse said:

snip

It's not going to be 10fps in any way shape or form the max difference will be around 7% but it's not going to be based of price rather it will be luck of the draw.

33 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

I'd say it's negligable tbh no way in hell will you see a 10 fps difference as they all clock to at least 2000 and the max is 2150 and it's all lottery

depends on how shit the worst one is and how overclocked and stabile the best one is but yah 10fps was a bit extreme tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016