Replacing gpu thermal paste

Naijin

So I've bought a large tube of arctic mx-4 to replace the paste on my old MSI GT70, in the hope it helps keep my temps down as it idles at 60+ °C. Now I'm wondering, is it worth replacing the paste on my desktop GTX 780-Ti? It is a reference cooler that always runs at 82°C while gaming, but if I can get temps down or higher clocks at the same temperature, I would try it out.

2 minutes ago, Naijin said:

So I've bought a large tube of arctic silver mx-4 to replace the paste on my old MSI GT70, in the hope it helps keep my temps down as it idles at 60+ °C. Now I'm wondering, is it worth replacing the paste on my desktop GTX 780-Ti? It is a reference cooler that always runs at 82°C while gaming, but if I can get temps down or higher clocks at the same temperature, I would try it out.

The GTX 780ti and all other NVIDIA reference cards are designed to run at 83°c, so it's not a big deal. You can try changing out the thermal paste however you won't see a  large changed, you'll get a much better change in temps by strapping an AIO liquid cooler to it.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

41 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

The GTX 780ti and all other NVIDIA reference cards are designed to run at 83°c, so it's not a big deal. You can try changing out the thermal paste however you won't see a  large changed, you'll get a much better change in temps by strapping an AIO liquid cooler to it.

That would be an option which is probably my next upgrade, as the stock cooler holds it back quite a lot.