NEED HELP NOT BOOTING

Cruzaz

Ok so I just got a new motherboard and I re built my computer. Long story short it is not booting. I have tried everything: Boot with gpu/no gpu, boot with new empty hard drive, change CPU cables and a lot of other stuff. I'm using the Asus sabertooth z170 s and it gives me this CPU led but I pretty sure its not saying anything is wrong the manual doesn't describe well enough what the led means. I will add a pic please help.

147580729879356020216.jpg

I have also tried two different monitors and HDMI and dvi cable also I tried only booting with one ram stick

Did you try erasing your RAM?

I currently play PUBG, help me get chicken dinner xD

Just now, mark_p8 said:

What?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

you know, physical eraser to the memory stick

PS: Can you access BIOS?

Just now, mark_p8 said:

Why...

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, mark_p8 said:

What? 

Just now, mark_p8 said:

Dude if ur not gonna help don't bother comment ing 

remove gpu and start it, once it works shutdown and reinstall gpu then try gpu connection for display

8 minutes ago, mark_p8 said:

7 minutes ago, mark_p8 said:

6 minutes ago, Cruzaz said:

What? 

4 minutes ago, Brandon Taylor said:

remove gpu and start it, once it works shutdown and reinstall gpu then try gpu connection for display

Yeah that doesnt work I already tried

5 minutes ago, Brandon Taylor said:

What part of 

Boot with gpu/no gpu

you don't understand?

can you check the motherboard manual to see what slot to put a single ram stick configuration and only do one stick of ram right now?

30 minutes ago, Cruzaz said:

What? 

Using a common pencil rubber on the contacts is an ancient technique to clean them, in case poor contact is the reason for malfunction. That's what he's talking about.

Define "not booting": no POST?

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Using a common pencil rubber on the contacts is an ancient technique to clean them, in case poor contact is the reason for malfunction. That's what he's talking about.

Atlast someone who understand.

Anyway, I found it on the manual:

1. Installing DIMMs that are not compatible with the motherboard may cause system boot failure, and the DRAM_LED near the MemOK! switch lights continuously. Press and hold the MemOK! button until the DRAM_LED starts blinking to begin automatic memory compatibility tuning for successful boot.

43 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Yea no post its powers on and everything but does not connect to the monitor

43 minutes ago, mark_p8 said:

Atlast someone who understand.

Anyway, I found it on the manual:

1. Installing DIMMs that are not compatible with the motherboard may cause system boot failure, and the DRAM_LED near the MemOK! switch lights continuously. Press and hold the MemOK! button until the DRAM_LED starts blinking to begin automatic memory compatibility tuning for successful boot.

Already tried that it just doesn't post on the monitor

Please refer to the thread "README: How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation" in the Troubleshooting section.

A full list of your system configuration is essential.

21 minutes ago, ThomasD said:

Please refer to the thread "README: How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation" in the Troubleshooting section.

A full list of your system configuration is essential.

6600k 16 GB 2400mhz ram no gpu 2tb hard drive 4 case fans 650watt PSU gold certified

2 hours ago, Cruzaz said:

6600k 16 GB 2400mhz ram no gpu 2tb hard drive 4 case fans 650watt PSU gold certified

Lol, apparently he wants help but doesn't respond efficiently to allow people to help him. 

21 hours ago, ObliviationGNx said:

Lol, apparently he wants help but doesn't respond efficiently to allow people to help him. 

This is not a coincidence.

On 10/8/2016 at 0:28 PM, ThomasD said:

This is not a coincidence.

Definitely not.

Okay so since i have no idea what you mean by 

On 10/6/2016 at 10:52 PM, Cruzaz said:

Yea no post its powers on and everything but does not connect to the monitor

if it is really not "posting" then try this:

My advice would be pulling the components out of the case and doing a open boot on cardboard to ensure case or standoffs are not shorting anything out. If no success after that I would disconnect every device save the memory, cpu, cpu cooler and psu and try post. This eliminates possibility of other oddities. Your chip supports onboard graphics so it ought to be possible. Might want to try a bios reset and possibly a use of the bios flashback button also do use the mem okay button like previously stated.

else if it posts but you have no video connection then try this:

check your connections first silly as it sounds cables are culprits sometimes too. If available try another type of video connection or a different cable. If still no video try a bios reset or a use of the bios flashback button.