BO3 FPS drop when aiming

Misinthe

Hey everyone, so like the title says, I recently notice a drop on FPS when I aim down the sights in BO3, I'll be running 60fps and as soon as I aim it goes to 30, after I stop aiming it goes back to 60. I already tried to put the field of view to minimum and that doesn't help, any ideas? Thanks for the replies! 

4 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Hey everyone, so like the title says, I recently notice a drop on FPS when I aim down the sights in BO3, I'll be running 60fps and as soon as I aim it goes to 30, after I stop aiming it goes back to 60. I already tried to put the field of view to minimum and that doesn't help, any ideas? Thanks for the replies! 

put your render resolution to 80% maybe

12 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Are you talking an exact switch from 60 to 30FPS and back? Like its a lock? Zooming in will definitely lower your FPS normally. Remove the 60FPS lock (please tell me thats possible) and then the drop with ADS shouldn't be as noticeable.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

4 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Are you talking an exact switch from 60 to 30FPS and back? Like its a lock? Zooming in will definitely lower your FPS normally. Remove the 60FPS lock (please tell me thats possible) and then the drop with ADS shouldn't be as noticeable.

Yea disable VSync, check this out http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=549105008

1 minute ago, Goaterino said:

well yeah i knew of VSync, thought is was pretty much standard procedure to disable that. Some games instead implement an FPS lock you can set to 30,60,120,144,ect.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

8 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Yes it went exactly from 60 to 30, with my gsync screen I go past 60 but when playing on the built in only 60

1 minute ago, Goaterino said:

Let me try this

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

well yeah i knew of VSync, thought is was pretty much standard procedure to disable that. Some games instead implement an FPS lock you can set to 30,60,120,144,ect.

Ahh yea i forgot that existed in black ops i edited my config to set it all up.

13 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

I got my FPS up to 144 since I usually play in my 144hz monitor, I can't seem to find the Vsyn option though

Stop aiming.

Pentium IV @ 4.4ghz , 8GB DDR2, R9 380 4GB, 2560x1440p monitor.