Sys Fan Won´t Spin

I've recently bought a Corsair H55 Water Cooler for my system, installed it perfectly, no probs excluding the rad fan. Everytime the pc goes through a power cycle (On/Off) i have to make a "trick" for the rad fan to start spinning,

(its a 3-pin fan in a 4-pin PWM port) i switch its plug position back and forth the pins, then the fan starts working as fine as it should. I've recorded as its shown below. I've tested it with other fans, same result, including an intel stock cooler fan which uses all the 4 pins, reseted the BIOS and so on. Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmhUVb9UPw

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

i7-6700

Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Motherboard BIOS Ver. F4 (latest)

2x8 HyperX DDR4 @2133mhz

PNY CS1311 480 SSD

WD Blue 500GB HDD

Corsair CX600 (600W H+ Bronze)

Corsair H55 Water Cooler

Just use a molex to 3 pin fan adapter. Fan will run all of the time and if you want to slow it down you can use a resistor in the circuit.

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

Go into bios and make sure Pmw for that particular fan header is disabled. It may not read that there is a pmw fan connects so in turn it doesn't supply power to the header. Disable pmw and voltage control should automatically become enabled. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

could be faulty motherboard connection but try to align the connectors(pins) maybe 1 is a little bent

“When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money.”

57 minutes ago, zanthros said:

Just use a molex to 3 pin fan adapter. Fan will run all of the time and if you want to slow it down you can use a resistor in the circuit.

If i can't solve the connection on the motherboard i'll do it.

Couldn't find an option to disable the PWM function, when i set the fans to manual the BIOS makes me set a pwm value to set the fan RPM, maybe i could contact gigabyte asking for the addition of this function?

1 hour ago, Redsiskin said:

could be faulty motherboard connection but try to align the connectors(pins) maybe 1 is a little bent

The pins are all straight, not a single bent. when i get home i'll try using some dust cleaner to try and remove anything that might be shorting the pins, but i hardly doubt it since the case has lots of dust filters.

have you tried another fan port on your MTB ? use CHA FAN if possible

also, in your BIOS do you have a PWM curve attached to this port ? if so, it is possible that starting too low, the fan doesn't have enough power to start. 

for information, I bought the same AIO for my GPU and replaced the fan with a PWM fan for it to synch with my GPU temps ;) H55 has a crappy fan

46 minutes ago, belfouf said:

have you tried another fan port on your MTB ? use CHA FAN if possible

also, in your BIOS do you have a PWM curve attached to this port ? if so, it is possible that starting too low, the fan doesn't have enough power to start. 

for information, I bought the same AIO for my GPU and replaced the fan with a PWM fan for it to synch with my GPU temps ;) H55 has a crappy fan

MTB only has 2 fan ports unfortunately, common in mini ITX boards tho... in BIOS i only have options to set the fan to either Normal, Silent, Full or Manual, No curves, but when in windows there's this Gigabyte software that lets me set the fan curves indeed, even setting the curve to be a straight line at the top won't make the fan to start spinning, only the "trick" mentioned above will. H55 does come with a crappy fan indeed, but even intel's stock cooler fan won't spin, guess it's a faulty connection, will probably have to buy a fan controller. 

Just now, rodrigo0908 said:

MTB only has 2 fan ports unfortunately, common in mini ITX boards tho... in BIOS i only have options to set the fan to either Normal, Silent, Full or Manual, No curves, but when in windows there's this Gigabyte software that lets me set the fan curves indeed, even setting the curve to be a straight line at the top won't make the fan to start spinning, only the "trick" mentioned above will. H55 does come with a crappy fan indeed, but even intel's stock cooler fan won't spin, guess it's a faulty connection, will probably have to buy a fan controller. 

you can also use a Y fan cable to plug them in the MTB. Use the "Full" mode in BIOS

2 hours ago, belfouf said:

you can also use a Y fan cable to plug them in the MTB. Use the "Full" mode in BIOS

Acoustics would be a problem tho, going for the fan controller, thanks!