512 dollar i5 4460 build

aries757
2 minutes ago, aries757 said:

so, i have an build,  thoughts? http://pcpartpicker.com/list/MCMRVY used an i5 4460 because my second favorite LTT user uses it , and is good budget cpu (sorry, lays is my first, that beautiful i7 6700k @ 5ghz won me over)

@ShadowTechXTS

do you want last gen hardware? if so, the only thing i would change is the psu to a corsair cx450, all black cables and semi modular. if you do want modern hardware, get a i5 6400/6500 and a rx 470/480 if you can fit it in your budget.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Yay I'm someones second favorite user :P 

I would switch out the PSU for this: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/TgW9TW/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze

Which is a great deal ($15 off)

Also the 290x IIRC is better than the 970 so I'd get that.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

Yay I'm someones second favorite user :P 

I would switch out the PSU for this: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/TgW9TW/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze

Which is a great deal ($15 off)

Also the 290x IIRC is better than the 970 so I'd get that.

problem is, not building it this week, prob in feb, so i want it with no coupon, but if their is an psu with an great deal will get, i going to see the 290x, never heard of that one before, can you find on ebay for around 170?:

MF UH BEANS

2 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Coming from a 4460 owner, go Skylake and get a 6500.

From a 4460 user too. I would stick with it because cheaper 

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

5 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Coming from a 4460 owner, go Skylake and get a 6500.

sorry cds, but i trust dex more, and shadow, they helped me with quite an bit.

MF UH BEANS

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Just now, aries757 said:

sorry cds, but i trust dex more, and shadow, they helped me with quite an bit.

Do what you want but I've built systems with both, seems silly to buy last gen with only a $25 difference. I've seen some nice performance boosts with the 6500. Price really isn't the issue here.

Just now, cdsboy2000 said:

Do what you want but I've built systems with both, seems silly to buy last gen with only a $25 difference. I've seen some nice performance boosts with the 6500. Price really isn't the issue here.

um actually price is the issue, 25 dollars is an lot to my budget, if i want i could go with windows 8 or any os. and get that, but i prefer to have my nice 8,1/8

MF UH BEANS

2 minutes ago, aries757 said:

um actually price is the issue, 25 dollars is an lot to my budget, if i want i could go with windows 8 or any os. and get that, but i prefer to have my nice 8,1/8

Your choice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But to be fair I've seen up to 15-20fps boosts from Skylake, not to mention other benefits like lower TDP and inherent future-proofness.

Also why is OS an issue here?

going with the newer generation is always better but you seem to insist on that old gen cpu and seem stubborn so Im not going to argue with you.

New to the forum! Treat me well please :3 as I am a noob

Your choice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But to be fair I've seen up to 15-20fps boosts from Skylake, not to mention other benefits like lower TDP and inherent future-proofness.

Also why is OS an issue here?

because i dont own an os that i can just slide in or put on an usb drive, and for just an 15-20 fps boost, ill live.

MF UH BEANS

Just now, MineralMining said:

going with the newer generation is always better but you seem to insist on that old gen cpu and seem stubborn so Im not going to argue with you.

im not trying to be stubborn, but i have an VERY strict budget, that i dont want to be broken, i understand it would be an improvement, but it will do fine

MF UH BEANS

1 minute ago, aries757 said:

because i dont own an os that i can just slide in or put on an usb drive, and for just an 15-20 fps boost, ill live.

Again, why is OS relevant here? You'll need one whether you choose Skylake or Haswell

Also that kind of FPS boost is pretty significant imo

1 minute ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Again, why is OS relevant here? You'll need one whether you choose Skylake or Haswell

Also that kind of FPS boost is pretty significant imo

os must fit in my budget of 530, 25 dollar os, plus 512, 527, 

MF UH BEANS

4 minutes ago, aries757 said:

os must fit in my budget of 530, 25 dollar os, plus 512, 527, 

Done arguing here since you seem insistent but I would save up a lot more and make it worth the investment. Last gen won't last you long.

Done arguing here since you seem insistent but I would save up a lot more and make it worth the investment. Last gen won't last you long.

mmk :)

MF UH BEANS

1 hour ago, aries757 said:

problem is, not building it this week, prob in feb, so i want it with no coupon, but if their is an psu with an great deal will get, i going to see the 290x, never heard of that one before, can you find on ebay for around 170?:

If you get a 290, don't get the EVGA 500B, get something Seasonic or an EVGA GQ/GS/G2

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

3 hours ago, aries757 said:

im not trying to be stubborn, but i have an VERY strict budget, that i dont want to be broken, i understand it would be an improvement, but it will do fine

So whats up for debate? you make no sense.

New to the forum! Treat me well please :3 as I am a noob

This guy's just wasting all your time.

It's like his 20th "need help with this build" thread and never follows up on the previous ones. Tomorrow or a week from now, he's gonna create another thread then sit back as other users waste their efforts coming up with a partpicker list.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

18 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

If you get a 290, don't get the EVGA 500B, get something Seasonic or an EVGA GQ/GS/G2

k, recently i been able to find 970 easier on ebay, so might be 970

MF UH BEANS

6 hours ago, antisleep said:

This guy's just wasting all your time.

It's like his 20th "need help with this build" thread and never follows up on the previous ones. Tomorrow or a week from now, he's gonna create another thread then sit back as other users waste their efforts coming up with a partpicker list.

only asked people for an build one, :P other times i asked people on thoughts of build. 

MF UH BEANS