Are these LED strips any good?

MoonlightSylv
Go to solution Solved by nuttytechy,

Cheap RGB LED strips = crappy manufacturing from china. There is a guy I know called bigclive who reviews all stuff LED etc and I do agree with him. Depending on where they made and who makes them results the outcome. 

It depends where you are going to put the RGB strip controller ( white box ) if its inside the case then no as the circuitry inside would need good cooling etc otherwise they will overheat badly (mainly chinese crap).

Being from the UK but knowing alot of about electrical engineering. The transformer seems to be a standard on everything and they play havoc too. 

I'm not saying not to get these but I'm just advising. 

I want some cheap RGB LED strips and I found these

https://www.amazon.com/Topmax-5050-16-4ft-Strip-Lights/dp/B01BY7GMEK/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_15?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SHJ1BTN0MNJRW48WD9D3

are they any good or will they catch on fire?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Cheap RGB LED strips = crappy manufacturing from china. There is a guy I know called bigclive who reviews all stuff LED etc and I do agree with him. Depending on where they made and who makes them results the outcome. 

It depends where you are going to put the RGB strip controller ( white box ) if its inside the case then no as the circuitry inside would need good cooling etc otherwise they will overheat badly (mainly chinese crap).

Being from the UK but knowing alot of about electrical engineering. The transformer seems to be a standard on everything and they play havoc too. 

I'm not saying not to get these but I'm just advising. 

A menace to the scammer world. They hate me wasting their time when they are conning the innocent and giving to the idiots. 

52 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

I want some cheap RGB LED strips and I found these

https://www.amazon.com/Topmax-5050-16-4ft-Strip-Lights/dp/B01BY7GMEK/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_15?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SHJ1BTN0MNJRW48WD9D3

are they any good or will they catch on fire?

As mentioned it depends, some manufactures are ok and decent quality while others sometimes are less and desirable, it is a good idea to just toss those power adapters and use some reliable ones.