Better fans

Maihym

So I currently have 2 fans on my radiator that are fairly loud and running a pull configuration. I have 1 exhaust fan that came with my case, one intake fan that came with my 212 Evo, 2 that came from a previous case. I'm looking to get some better yet quieter fans for a decent price, hopefully less than $20 a fan. I would prefer the fans to be all black or maybe black with red leds. I'm looking to replace all of my fans including the radiator fans if they're quiter and give better cooling. I can take pictures of the fans at a later time if needed. But basically I have 5 intake fans including the radiator fans and 1 outtake fan. Let me know if you guys can find what I need please. Thank you

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($334.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool CAPTAIN 240 91.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($123.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($158.95 @ B&H)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.23 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card  ($449.94 @ NCIX US)
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Rosewill 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($109.98 @ My Choice Software)
Monitor: Samsung T24C550ND 23.6" Monitor
Keyboard: Redragon Karura K502 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($23.97 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Other: Uping High Precision Programmable Wireless Gaming Mouse With 2000 DPI, Nano Receiver, 5 Programmable Button, 5 User Profiles - Black, M006 ($14.99)
Total: $1706.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-04 14:35 EDT-0400

I suggest Be quiet! silentwings 3, and fractal design venturi HP or HF fans.

5 minutes ago, Maihym said:

So I currently have 2 fans on my radiator that are fairly loud and running a pull configuration. I have 1 exhaust fan that came with my case, one intake fan that came with my 212 Evo, 2 that came from a previous case. I'm looking to get some better yet quieter fans for a decent price, hopefully less than $20 a fan. I would prefer the fans to be all black or maybe black with red leds. I'm looking to replace all of my fans including the radiator fans if they're quiter and give better cooling. I can take pictures of the fans at a later time if needed. But basically I have 5 intake fans including the radiator fans and 1 outtake fan. Let me know if you guys can find what I need please. Thank you

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($334.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool CAPTAIN 240 91.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($123.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($158.95 @ B&H)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.23 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card  ($449.94 @ NCIX US)
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Rosewill 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($109.98 @ My Choice Software)
Monitor: Samsung T24C550ND 23.6" Monitor
Leopard: Redragon Karura K502 Wired Gaming Leopard  ($23.97 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Other: Uping High Precision Programmable Wireless Gaming Mouse With 2000 DPI, Nano Receiver, 5 Programmable Button, 5 User Profiles - Black, M006 ($14.99)
Total: $1706.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-04 14:35 EDT-0400

I would go with the LTT suggested fan the http://www.ncix.com/detail/noctua-nf-f12-pwm-120mm-ultra-29-66920.htm 
they are quite expensive thou

What are your load temps? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

It isn't likely to both lower noise and improve performance by any significant amount.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The fans that you guys are suggesting me, are they case fans or radiator fans because my radiator fans are the loudest.

2 minutes ago, Maihym said:

The fans that you guys are suggesting me, are they case fans or radiator fans because my radiator fans are the loudest.

Most fans aren't strictly case or rad fans since the appropriate fan design will vary depending on the rad being used. AIO's usually have pretty dense fin arrays which is why they tend to benefit from fans with higher static pressure more so than rads with looser fins.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, acheahead said:

@Maihym
I'm curious about your temps. as well since I own a similar case (mine is without window) and was about to invest in water cooling as well :)
I just bought some case fans, and got them today and I was on a tight budget. I really wanted two Noctuas (One for my CPU Heatsink, and one for the case) but I opted for two case fans instead.
They're complementing the standard Phantek fans pretty well (and honestly made them better imo).

They're the ones @PCNoobie recommended - The Arctic F12 ones :)
I used this site to compare and read up on some of the fans I was looking at
http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/120mm_and_140mm_fan_comparison,1.html

The fans suggested by PCNoobie are case fans, and the noctua fan suggested is a focused flow one.
I haven't read up on the others... yet :P

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your load temps? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

It isn't likely to both lower noise and improve performance by any significant amount.

Here are my temps, I ran Aida64 and I'm uploading a video of how loud the PC is while under full load. I just decided to show the temps in the video.

1 hour ago, Maihym said:

Here are my temps, I ran Aida64 and I'm uploading a video of how loud the PC is while under full load. I just decided to show the temps in the video.

Your temps are very low. Why not just lower your fan speeds?

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Your temps are very low. Why not just lower your fan speeds?

Yeah I suppose I can try that.

@WoodenMarker holy shit, my temps are still around 57 degrees on full load and I changed my fan speeds to silent in my BIOS. It's so much quieter, at least 5 times quieter than before, thank you.