Should I mess with my Bios

For the average, none overclocking gamer, should I alter my bios setting?  I recently put altered settings for a month and put things back to normal and things feel overall better.  So it begs my question, why would I want to alter my Bios settings in the first place?  It seems that altering my bios settings caused WAY more glitches in my computer, but default feels great.

You should only alter your BIOS settings if you have a need to do so. If you want to overclock, enable visualization, etc. then definitely do so (but make sure you do so correctly). If, however, you are just messing with them to improve performance without overclocking or due to a "because I can" mentality (which I doubt is possible -- although I am not all that knowledgeable in that regard), then I recommend against it because its defaults should work well.

7 minutes ago, Jfreun1 said:

For the average, none overclocking gamer, should I alter my bios setting?  I recently put altered settings for a month and put things back to normal and things feel overall better.  So it begs my question, why would I want to alter my Bios settings in the first place?  It seems that altering my bios settings caused WAY more glitches in my computer, but default feels great.

Change boot drive

Overclock

Enable disable "fn" keys

Change time

If you are not overclocking and everything is running smooth then it is best not to mess with the bios unless you have to.

CPU: FX 8350 GPU: R9 290 MSI Gaming Edition 4GB RAM: HyperX Blu 16GB(2X8) 1866 MHz MB: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

COOLING: Hyper 212 EVO CASE: Azza Solano 1000 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w OS SSD:  HyperX Savage 480GB SSD 2: Toshiba 128GB HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200 RPM HDD 2: Seagate 320GB 

Display: Samsung 22 Inch 1080p X2 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 Sound: Astro A40 TR With Mix Amp OS: Windows 10 64-Bit

31 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

wait what are you altering if you're not OCing lol?

I went into the BIOS and saw energy saving settings and thought to myself, "fuck dat shiet I waent performance."  Now I regret that decision

50 minutes ago, Jfreun1 said:

There are a few things you might want to do.

1. For example, enable XMP.
  2. Another good one is setting an alarm power on; for example, say that you reach home at around 6PM, you can set your PC to auto boot at that time so that you'll be ready to touch it as soon as you get home - it's the ultimate lazyness!
  3. If you are running Skylake, change the FCLK to the supposed 1ghz rather than the "default" 800mhz (because of... well, problems associated with the early launch).
  4. Configuring your disks so that they can support hotplugging.
  5. Setting up Power Loss behavior.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!