Creating a moderate gaming pc,help me make it better!

Coming from apple,I know precocious little about pc's and I'm going to build a gaming pc on a $850 budget...and i would like to play overwatch 60fps and Minecraft 100+fps etc. Please tell me what I can do better/different and thank you to Oswin for helping me out with this! 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ttp6QV

version 2: 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tnb3wV

Sense you are on such a tight budget, maybe you should go with an AMD machine. AMD builds tend to be cheaper then intel builds

1 minute ago, r00tH4cK3r said:

Sense you are on such a tight budget, maybe you should go with an AMD machine. AMD builds tend to be cheaper then intel builds

Im sorry,could you please articulate?

Just now, Sunnybay said:

Im sorry,could you please articulate?

I am currently working on a parts list for you. Hang tight.

Just now, r00tH4cK3r said:

I am currently working on a parts list for you. Hang tight.

Thank you:)

Pretty good build. I would change two things though:

1. Switch the 850 PRO 128GB to the 850 EVO 250GB. You won't notice the speed difference on a day-to-day basis. More storage is always better.

2. Get a single stick of RAM rather than two since the motherboard only has two RAM slots. Allows for future expansion to 16GB later on.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Pretty good build. I would change two things though:

1. Switch the 850 PRO 128GB to the 850 EVO 250GB. You won't notice the speed difference on a day-to-day basis. More storage is always better.

2. Get a single stick of RAM rather than two since the motherboard only has two RAM slots. Allows for future expansion to 16GB later on.

Thanks for the feedback!

drop the ssd. it's really too small ( even for a boot drive ) and it's way too expensive. you can buy a 512 for that price now.

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

You mean 840? But yeah, this. Nice build though.

No... he has a 850 Pro in his initial build post...

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Good build, but get an SSD that's not overpriced. And a motherboard that allows for a RAM upgrade.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($197.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B150M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($50.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($67.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.69 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $845.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-03 01:46 EDT-0400

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Good build, but get an SSD that's not overpriced. And a motherboard that allows for a RAM upgrade.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($197.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B150M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($50.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($67.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.69 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $845.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-03 01:46 EDT-0400

Would you have a suggestion on what other motherboard?

I've also forgotten to mention that you need a Z170 motherboard if you want to utilise that 2666MHz RAM.

Spoiler

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Utilize how? RAM is RAM.

It will run at 2133MHz on any motherboard other than Z170

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Utilize how? RAM is RAM.

No, it's not as simple as that. It's been proven time and time again that faster RAM does make a difference in minimum and average framerates.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Hm. I knew this not. Elaborate, care to?

One does not need to roam far to see the difference that faster RAM makes:

In CPU-intensive tasks, faster RAM gives a small boost in minimum and average framerates.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1487162/an-independent-study-does-the-speed-of-ram-directly-affect-fps-during-high-cpu-overhead-scenarios

http://www.techspot.com/article/1171-ddr4-4000-mhz-performance/page3.html

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, r00tH4cK3r said:

AMD builds tend to be cheaper then intel builds

This statement makes no sense. The build you linked is worse performance for the price than an equivalent Intel CPU build, and if by cheaper you mean lower end, that's only true for people with $450 and below budgets, where AMD is the only way to go. At $450-$600, both AMD and Intel are viable, and anywhere over $700 only Intel is. As of today.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

One does not need to roam far to see the difference that faster RAM makes:

In CPU-intensive tasks, faster RAM gives a small boost in minimum and average framerates.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1487162/an-independent-study-does-the-speed-of-ram-directly-affect-fps-during-high-cpu-overhead-scenarios

http://www.techspot.com/article/1171-ddr4-4000-mhz-performance/page3.html

That link on OC.net is quite informative. Single channel RAM is giving out the same performance as dual channel! I guess I'll give 1x8GB kits to people on a budget.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Energycore said:

This statement makes no sense. The build you linked is worse performance for the price than an equivalent Intel CPU build, and if by cheaper you mean lower end, that's only true for people with $450 and below budgets, where AMD is the only way to go. At $450-$600, both AMD and Intel are viable, and anywhere over $700 only Intel is. As of today.

No, it makes plenty of sense. Look, I respect your opinion but I feel it is unfair to make such assumptions. I realized I made a mistake that time so I removed the post. I was too distracted at the time to fully focus on it. But insulting AMD is unfair in my eyes. My rig is an AMD, and sure yours might be better but its not because mine is lower end, its because you put more money into yours then I did mine. I have personally built and helped build AMD rigs that perform amazingly. One rig I did was over 2000 US, 2 years ago, and he still doesn't have to upgrade. It renders very well, and plays the best games out there at high settings. A machine being AMD and cheaper doesn't make it a worse system. AMD just doesn't overprice their hardware like Intel does. AMD is behind the ball in a couple areas I'll grant you that, but the statement that makes no sense to me is that Intel is the only choice above the 700 mark, because in my experience that is false.

5 hours ago, r00tH4cK3r said:

No, it makes plenty of sense. Look, I respect your opinion but I feel it is unfair to make such assumptions. I realized I made a mistake that time so I removed the post. I was too distracted at the time to fully focus on it. But insulting AMD is unfair in my eyes. My rig is an AMD, and sure yours might be better but its not because mine is lower end, its because you put more money into yours then I did mine. I have personally built and helped build AMD rigs that perform amazingly. One rig I did was over 2000 US, 2 years ago, and he still doesn't have to upgrade. It renders very well, and plays the best games out there at high settings. A machine being AMD and cheaper doesn't make it a worse system. AMD just doesn't overprice their hardware like Intel does. AMD is behind the ball in a couple areas I'll grant you that, but the statement that makes no sense to me is that Intel is the only choice above the 700 mark, because in my experience that is false.

I get you, and I'm not trying to say AMD is inherently worse, but I do try to call the best value for money at any one point in time. Right now the only AMD CPUs that have good value for money are the FX-8300 at $110, and the Athlon X4 845 at $60 (its Kaveri cousins as well). So I make those calls so that the people who ask for a parts list get one that will last as long as possible with their money, because ultimately, I care about people not giving too much of their hard earned cash to the corporate monsters that gobble up our freedom.

Rant aside, an objective truth is that AMD does not have a processor more powerful than an i5-6500 be it for gaming (where the FX 8300 and cousins are just a bit better than an i3) or for heavy workloads (where it comes closer to the i5. but not quite). You can check out anandtech.com/bench or many other sites that benchmark both games and heavy workloads.

AMD GPUs are pretty good, on the other hand. They offer value that Nvidia cannot even hope to match in the form of Freesync.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler