SPAM flood/giveaway question

Hello folks.

Straight to the point: did anyone else experienced the absolute flood of SPAM after entering the moto z giveaway? I've been trying to backtrack to find another reason but I got nothing. The moto z giveaway was the only place that I recently put my email in in weeks if not months and not long after that my SPAM folder gets flooded. It got so bad that in the past day (more like 12 hours) I've got about a HUNDRED SPAM messages. What really got me thinking it all seems to be directed @ North American market and since I'm in EU I have no other ideas as where it came from. At this rate I will have to ditch an email box that I've used for years so I'm desperate for any asnwers. I'm not blaming anyone or pointing fingers at this point as well as I highly doubt it has anything to do with gleam but I'm just trying to narrow the possible sources of this. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Wouldn't be surprised if Gleam sold email addresses collected. 

Good thing I use my throwaway email for that kinda crap. I'll just set a reminder for a few days after the end of the giveaway,  check the throwaway email, if I didn't win, then I ignore it until I use it again.

Yeah, I've made a mistake with that one, I just highly doubted that Gleam would practice such things because if they did they would be off the market in no time. I still kind of do, I'm just out of ideas. I've never seen such a high spike in spam amount in such a short time, it's crazy and it seems to be growing...

not really, I have been trying to figure out how gleam makes money off of what they do and that might be how.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

If it means anything I really am paranoid most of the time when it comes to sharing my contact data, to the point I never stay logged in and clear my browsing history/cookies/stored form data etc daily, even few times a day if I need for example an answer or sth from a website that looks kind of shady and/or my online security filter marks it below average security wise. The deal with Gleam was the only instance of me putting my email address anywhere in quite some time. But if nobody experienced anything similar it has to be something else than gleam. Ok, thanks anyway!