can getting virus in the past fuck up your HDD

FireFlame9222

so my HDD has had tons and tons of viruses, every time i just clean it with malwarebytes then eventually wipe my drive, (its been wiped like 5 times so far)

but i notice chrome will lag sometimes and when it does my disk is at 100% and its anti malware executable that is using it all up.

so can my drive be fucked up from all the shit i've done to it and thats why this happens?

when i get a new SSD should i buy a new 1tb or 2tb HDD also and trash this one?

Future Upgrades

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

1: SSD

2: Freesync monitor

3: AIO cooler 

4: New HDD

5: RAM upgrade, i want 16gb of black ram

order 1-5 is what I want the most,

color is of importance (most to least) 

probably not, its just 0's and 1's nothing physical happens, anti virus can make things pinned to 100% and make people angry like yourself. if its a old drive a upgrade would be welcomed, a ssd is in another ballpark if you have never had one. if the drive is old i would scan it with windows or using SMART to check for errors or if its hanging.  once your are sure you have no viruses i would just use windows defender and be smart about what you are doing with your pc, you are the 1st line of defense. 

from most to least, ssd, monitor (depends on what you have;its is the thing you look at ) hhd (or skip for ssd) ram, aio ( i prefer air because if it dies you know right then and it still has some heat dissipation to cool a cpu)

1 hour ago, blackadder said:

probably not, its just 0's and 1's nothing physical happens, anti virus can make things pinned to 100% and make people angry like yourself. if its a old drive a upgrade would be welcomed, a ssd is in another ballpark if you have never had one. if the drive is old i would scan it with windows or using SMART to check for errors or if its hanging.  once your are sure you have no viruses i would just use windows defender and be smart about what you are doing with your pc, you are the 1st line of defense. 

thats when i used to torrent, since i have money now i can buy games and all that,

i want an ssd mostly as a way to safe my files, ill have my os and some programs/games on the ssd so then if windows breaks like it did and i have to reinstall i dont have to wipe and lose all my data, becase ill only have to wipe the ssd, and also boot times and loading times, i can get a 500gb 850evo then maybe a 2tb hdd. idk how much the hdd is yet 

Future Upgrades

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

Once you wipe your HDD the virus will be completely gone

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

2 minutes ago, FireFlame9222 said:

thats when i used to torrent, since i have money now i can buy games and all that,

i want an ssd mostly as a way to safe my files, ill have my os and some programs/games on the ssd so then if windows breaks like it did and i have to reinstall i dont have to wipe and lose all my data, becase ill only have to wipe the ssd, and also boot times and loading times, i can get a 500gb 850evo then maybe a 2tb hdd. idk how much the hdd is yet 

a ssd is like day and night, i highly recommend them. once you get a sdd you won't want to go back; very soon will be at 10 cents per gig (few years)

1 hour ago, blackadder said:

a ssd is like day and night, i highly recommend them. once you get a sdd you won't want to go back; very soon will be at 10 cents per gig (few years)

do you think i should get a 250gb or 500gb ssd? i can afford both just idk if ill need 500gb of ssd storage, becase its mainly for games/programs rather then storing files.

and i usally only have a few games installed at a time 

but ill get a ssd then a 2 or 3 tb HDD i think 

Future Upgrades

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

5 minutes ago, FireFlame9222 said:

do you think i should get a 250gb or 500gb ssd? i can afford both just idk if ill need 500gb of ssd storage, becase its mainly for games/programs rather then storing files.

and i usally only have a few games installed at a time 

but ill get a ssd then a 2 or 3 tb HDD i think 

depending on time of upgrade length, if its going to be a while just get the 500, if you might get more storage soon, grab a 250 gb and by next year you can get a 500gb for about the same price of 500gb. i only have a 120 gb for my os drive and it's been fine for me; but, i got a hard drive then a 500gb ssd and im not going back to hard drives as i don't need tb's worth of storage. even with files, a sdd is just so fast and snappy, its so hard to go back to HDD 

1 hour ago, Ernest_L said:

Once you wipe your HDD the virus will be completely gone

i have the money to get a ssd and hdd right now, but probably wont order till monday becase it wont ship till then anyways , and to see if there are any sales in that time 

Future Upgrades

VVVVVVVVVVVVV