New to water cooling

8 minutes ago, Deli said:

Gelid GC Extreme

Good stuff, i did a comparison of a few Thermal Pastes

This was with a G3258 and a Coller Master 120V, not exactly the best rig for it. I currently am using Thermal Grizzly on my i7

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

1 hour ago, Wingfan said:

Good stuff, i did a comparison of a few Thermal Pastes

Cool.

I tried Thermal Grizzly also. But that is on a 5820K. Compare to GC Extreme, the difference falls within the margin of error. I think I got one core 1C cooler with the Thermal Grizzly.

2 minutes ago, Deli said:

Cool.

I tried Thermal Grizzly also. But that is on a 5820K. Compare to GC Extreme, the difference falls within the margin of error. I think I got one core 1C cooler with the Thermal Grizzly.

exactly, Thermal paste doesnt offer much of an improvement. My fav is Antec Formula 7 NANO Diamond

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

exactly, Thermal paste doesnt offer much of an improvement. My fav is Antec Formula 7 NANO Diamond

I still have a large tube of GC Extreme and another large tube of Thermal Grizzly. If something suddenly pops up and will lower my CPU temperature by 5C. I sure will love to try it. But not those liquid metal thing.

Going back to custom water cooling. The gain from H105 to custom loop is actually quite small if you only do the CPU. Now my main rig has a 5820K with 2x 240 radiators just for the CPU. Compares to a H105, I think the difference is like 4-5C under stress test.

I want to wait until next year to see what AMD and Nvidia have. I might add the GPU to the loop as well.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

I still have a large tube of GC Extreme and another large tube of Thermal Grizzly. If something suddenly pops up and will lower my CPU temperature by 5C. I sure will love to try it. But not those liquid metal thing.

Going back to custom water cooling. The gain from H105 to custom loop is actually quite small if you only do the CPU. Now my main rig has a 5820K with 2x 240 radiators just for the CPU. Compares to a H105, I think the difference is like 4-5C under stress test.

I want to wait until next year to see what AMD and Nvidia have. I might add the GPU to the loop as well.

Im not really doing a custom loop for temp's, never made on and really think i need the experience. I spent an above average for the Thermal Grizzly and wasnt impressed at all.

Im not really doing a custom loop for temp's, never made on and really think i need the experience. I spent an above average for the Thermal Grizzly and wasnt impressed at all.

Other members have made good suggestion already. EK for the most part is very good choice. They also have good radiators. But I think Black Ice Nemesis GTX and GTS are better option at this moment.

2 minutes ago, Deli said:

Other members have made good suggestion already. EK for the most part is very good choice. They also have good radiators. But I think Black Ice Nemesis GTX and GTS are better option at this moment.

Since this would be my first, looking to keep cost down. As far as 'looks' go, oi would want a good looking CPU block. Wouldnt see much of anything else because of my case, Enthoo Pro

Since this would be my first, looking to keep cost down. As far as 'looks' go, oi would want a good looking CPU block. Wouldnt see much of anything else because of my case, Enthoo Pro

9 out of 10 builds, I see EK Supremacy EVO CPU block. I'm using one as well.