My plans for upgrading my pc

Torky

So... I'm thinking about upgrading my pc through the next couple of months, part by part.

I made a preview of it and i would like some advices and thoughts from other people.

Is the setup good, should i get something else that's in the end maybe better.

I'm thinking of making a pc that will last a couple of years on a higher level of performance.

Basically I'm just a gamer who spends a lot of his free time playing games, and when i do play them i want them to look good.

I'm playing games like Witcher , Dragon Age, Fallout, Bioshock and of course those well know mmos

I already have a Gtx970 by Gigabyte and i wanted to ask is it worth to sli it or in the future buy another Gpu.

What I have now: (the important stuff)

i5 2500

8gb ddr3

Gtx 970

Corsair Carbide SPEC-03  (it's not available on partpicker)

It's still good but i want more.... moooreee :)

My budget is around 1500$ and yeah... I want a pc that can potentially make my room a rave club.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/cBkt3F

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

1 minute ago, Torky said:

So... I'm thinking about upgrading my pc through the next couple of months, part by part.

I made a preview of it and i would like some advices and thoughts from other people.

I'm thinking of making a pc that will last a couple of years on a higher level of performance.

Basically I'm just a gamer who spends a lot of his free time playing games, and when i do play them i want them to look good.

I'm playing games like Witcher , Dragon Age, Fallout, Bioshock and of course those well know mmos

I already have a Gtx970 by Gigabyte and i wanted to ask is it worth to sli it or in the future buy another Gpu.

i5 2500

8gb ddr3

Gtx 970

My budget is around 1500$ and yeah... I want a pc that can potentially make my room a rave club.

yeah. Don't buy another gtx 970. Sell your current one, and buy a 1070. And while doing that you should have money left over. Other then that every thing looks good. I would also consider a higher end power supply. Evga g2/p2 are great.

2 minutes ago, Torky said:

i5 2500

8gb ddr3

Gtx 970

Looks pretty good, but if you want a "Rave party" I'd recommend adding the NZXT Hue Plus, which adds incredible controllable RGB lighting. 

If you do decide to get the Hue Plus, swap that CPU cooler to the NZXT Kraken x61, as it has lights that can be synced to those of the Hue Plus. 

NZXT is also coming out with RGB fans soon that the Hue Plus can control (NZXT Aer) they are not available to buy yet. 

32GB RAM is a bit excessive, but whatever. 

Also, I'd encourage you to sell your 970 and get a GTX 1070 or 1080, as SLI is not as good as a single card. (also, a lot of 1070s/1080s have RGB lights)

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

2 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

yeah. Don't buy another gtx 970. Sell your current one, and buy a 1070. And while doing that you should have money left over. Other then that every thing looks good. I would also consider a higher end power supply. Evga g2/p2 are great.

That PSU is fine. 

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

That PSU is fine. 

Capacitors are poor on the rm units from corsair.

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

Capacitors are poor on the rm units from corsair.

My bad, thought it was the RMi. 

Solitaire. 

Go with the MSI Carbon Pro mobo and a NZXT Kraken X61 instad of the Corsair AIO. Both help with your disco show + the Kraken is a better cooler. Your PSU is fine (but maybe go with a i variant), even for SLI. But would also recommend a 1070 over sli. Or if you have upgrade plans for your screen to high fps 1440p or 4k go with a 1080.

You could save some money by taking the samsung 750 series instead of 850. Marginally less performance you probably not notice, but cheaper.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

This is a bit over your budget, but like the other people have said, I would recommend selling your 970 and getting a 1070. It'll suit you a lot better. Anyways, I edited your build to try to suit your wants so here ya go. -- http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm4Wcc

Thank you all for your replyes it helped.... :)