All Games lagging after playing for a while

Ankit8879

All of a sudden, all my games are lagging after 15-20 mins of gameplay. I also have all the latest drivers. I need to restart my PC again and again for playing for 15-20mins, then it starts lagging again. Please help !!!

sounds like you have thermal issues, check your temps whenever you are gaming.

Either thermal throttle or just plain not enough RAM.

What's the spec?

11 minutes ago, Ankit8879 said:

All of a sudden, all my games are lagging after 15-20 mins of gameplay. I also have all the latest drivers. I need to restart my PC again and again for playing for 15-20mins, then it starts lagging again. Please help !!!

Are you playing on a full tower or laptop. As others have said it's probably thermal issues. Make sure all exhaust vents are not covered and there is a reasonable room temperature. Also if you have overclocks running try turning them off. They will dramatically increase CPU/GPU temps which is not good unless you have ample cooling.

2 minutes ago, NeroTrident said:

Are you playing on a full tower or laptop. As others have said it's probably thermal issues. Make sure all exhaust vents are not covered and there is a reasonable room temperature. Also if you have overclocks running try turning them off. They will dramatically increase CPU/GPU temps which is not good unless you have ample cooling.

I dont think its the thermal issues, my temps are well under check (CPU 55-60c - GPU 60-65c)....speaking of ram, i've got 8 gigs of 'em
Here are my specs
i5 4460
MSI H97 PC Mate
8 GB RAM
Antec c40 cooler
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 960 4GB
WD Green 1TB 

1 minute ago, Ankit8879 said:

I dont think its the thermal issues, my temps are well under check (CPU 55-60c - GPU 60-65c)....speaking of ram, i've got 8 gigs of 'em
Here are my specs
i5 4460
MSI H97 PC Mate
8 GB RAM
Antec c40 cooler
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 960 4GB
WD Green 1TB 

Maybe  try downloading a DUU and completely removing all drivers and re-downloading them.

3 minutes ago, Ankit8879 said:

speaking of ram, i've got 8 gigs of 'em

Check if the game eats up all of it?

Generally 8GB is plenty but some game nowadays recommends having 16GB of RAM.

Just now, Ichi said:

Check if the game eats up all of it?

Generally 8GB is plenty but some game nowadays recommends having 16GB of RAM.

I have 16 and generally am using 12-14 so maybe it is ram 

I think I have go the problem here, when I went into cam it is showing my GPU load as 100% even though am not playing anything, another thing is that when I try to decrease the overclock on my gpu the memory thing is going +200mhz automatically, so may be gpu bios is an issue here. How to switch bios on gpus, I guess Gigabyte G1 Gaming has dual bios...

Just now, Ankit8879 said:

I think I have go the problem here, when I went into cam it is showing my GPU load as 100% even though am not playing anything, another thing is that when I try to decrease the overclock on my gpu the memory thing is going +200mhz automatically, so may be gpu bios is an issue here. How to switch bios on gpus, I guess Gigabyte G1 Gaming has dual bios...

I suggest resetting BIOS then. That'll probably help

Just now, NeroTrident said:

I suggest resetting BIOS then. That'll probably help

How do I do that?

Just now, Ankit8879 said:

How do I do that?

Restart computer and when its loading spam the F2 key or the Delete key if you are on desktop, then when you are in the BIOS there will probably be a box in the bottom right with options on what to do. Generally though pressing F7 will load default settings, and then SAVE and exit.

On 10/1/2016 at 9:13 PM, NeroTrident said:

Restart computer and when its loading spam the F2 key or the Delete key if you are on desktop, then when you are in the BIOS there will probably be a box in the bottom right with options on what to do. Generally though pressing F7 will load default settings, and then SAVE and exit.

I tried that too, can't seem to help. Youtube lags too now for a few seconds after starting the video.