4x8GB RAM

Luceamar

I'm looking to get 32GB of DDR4 RAM, quadchannel.
There's a ton of different options on Mindfactory alone and I'm not quite sure which to get. I heard it doesn't matter much which kind I get - but I usually don't like going with the cheapest option, because well, it's usually cheap quality also. But I don't necessarily want to go with the most expensive one either because I'm no millionaire. I was looking at the Corsair Dominator Platinum because of it's aesthatics - but even there there's the 2666, the 3000 and the 3200DIMM. Am I fine with the 2666? Or should I rather go with something else entirely to get better value etc?

8 minutes ago, Luceamar said:

I'm looking to get 32GB of DDR4 RAM, quadchannel.
There's a ton of different options on Mindfactory alone and I'm not quite sure which to get. I heard it doesn't matter much which kind I get - but I usually don't like going with the cheapest option, because well, it's usually cheap quality also. But I don't necessarily want to go with the most expensive one either because I'm no millionaire. I was looking at the Corsair Dominator Platinum because of it's aesthatics - but even there there's the 2666, the 3000 and the 3200DIMM. Am I fine with the 2666? Or should I rather go with something else entirely to get better value etc?

yer gonna be fine with any of those as long as it's compatible with yer motherboard

2 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

yer gonna be fine with any of those as long as it's compatible with yer motherboard

Thanks!  At the moment the 3000DIMM is on sale and cheaper than the 2666DIMM so I'll probably get that then

If you're using an Intel CPU this video will clear up any concerns you have regarding optimal RAM speeds & latency.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

3 minutes ago, Luceamar said:

Thanks!  At the moment the 3000DIMM is on sale and cheaper than the 2666DIMM so I'll probably get that then

make sure yer motherboard supports it!

6 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

make sure yer motherboard supports it!

Asus X99-A II should be fine with it

5 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X99-A-II/specifications/
it says it supports most speeds, but it says overclock. I think ye may be out of luck.

That will be fine. So long as it supports XMP, and even if it doesn't it'll just run at the max advertised speed. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

That will be fine. So long as it supports XMP, and even if it doesn't it'll just run at the max advertised speed. 

The RAM should indeed be allright and I suppose Nvidia SLI with two cards should also be fine BUT on the specsheet it only lists quad and triple SLI support... I hope that's not something to worry about is it?

14 minutes ago, Luceamar said:

The RAM should indeed be allright and I suppose Nvidia SLI with two cards should also be fine BUT on the specsheet it only lists quad and triple SLI support... I hope that's not something to worry about is it?

Nope. Just means you can go up to 4 way SLI. But don't, because it's not worth it. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats