Wireless card will only work in one slot

Loren

So I just built my first PC about a month ago. I have an Asus z170-a motherboard and an Intel AC 7260 wireless card. I had the wireless card installed in the 2nd PCIex16 slot and it was working fine. Then I got a GPU (Sapphire r7 265)  and things were working fine for about a day. Then my wireless card just stoped working. I tryed my third PCIex16 slot and all 3 PCIex1 slots but got nothing. I called Intel and they said the wireless card was broken so I got a new one under warrenty. I just installed it today in the 2nd PCIex16 slot and all the other open ones and it did not work. So I switched out my GPU and wireless card and it works. Why would my wireless card only work in the first PCIeX16? I know the other slots work becaus my GPU will work in the others. I would like to put my GPU back into slot one and would rather have the wireless card in a PCIex1 slot. Anyone ever have this problem before? 

21 minutes ago, Loren said:

So I just built my first PC about a month ago. I have an Asus z170-a motherboard and an Intel AC 7260 wireless card. I had the wireless card installed in the 2nd PCIex16 slot and it was working fine. Then I got a GPU (Sapphire r7 265)  and things were working fine for about a day. Then my wireless card just stoped working. I tryed my third PCIex16 slot and all 3 PCIex1 slots but got nothing. I called Intel and they said the wireless card was broken so I got a new one under warrenty. I just installed it today in the 2nd PCIex16 slot and all the other open ones and it did not work. So I switched out my GPU and wireless card and it works. Why would my wireless card only work in the first PCIeX16? I know the other slots work becaus my GPU will work in the others. I would like to put my GPU back into slot one and would rather have the wireless card in a PCIex1 slot. Anyone ever have this problem before? 

Sounds like something is misconfigured in your BIOS. Have you gone through the settings?

My native language is C++

I have not, I have no idea what I would be looking for.