laptop ram confusion and issue

Hi , i bought i3  laptop in jan 2014 and after an year i upgraded ram from 2gb to 6gb by adding additional 4 gb first time it won't boot up and removed both rams and intall them again worked for me . An year passed good and nice in april 2016 my laptop again won't boot up so at that time i think its dead but this time removing ram and installing ram won't work. 

Now here is the issue

My laptop comes with 2gb samsung ram and i put 4gb additional later on

Now if i install 2 gb ram in slot 1 and 4gb ram in slot 2 it would not boot and same with vice versa .

If i install 2gb ram in slot 1 alone i would boot and if i install 2gb ram in 2nd slot i won't boot 

If i install 4gb ram in 2nd slot it would boot up and if i install 4gb ram in 1st slot i won't boot. 

installing both the rams won't boot up in any slots. 

Frequencies are same and types are same of both rams

So basically my life is hell and need bit more ram currently using 4 gb alone .

if anyone had any answers or suggestions so help me out please

I think it might be because they are different sizes and from different brands, though I may be wrong.

i5-8600K -  Asus Strix Z370E - Asus GTX 1060 Strix - EVGA 650W P2 - Samsung 970 Pro 500GB - G.Skill TridentZ 16GB

Stupid question: So they work by themselves individually?

I'd buy a second 4GB RAM stick so they're even memory. Or upgrade from i3 :P

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

Just now, LukeS said:

Stupid question: So they work by themselves individually?

I'd buy a second 4GB RAM stick so they're even memory. Or upgrade from i3 :P

first i don't have money to buy a new laptop and second it was working well for an year. Now what happen suddenly  4gb ram realized that it can't spend my rest of life with 2gb ram and they breakup .:P

If its a Haswell-based laptop, it will require DDR3L instead of just normal DDR3.  You might want to verify that both sticks are DDR3L standard if this is the case.  If one is DDR3, and the other is DDR3L, this might be the problem.  Officially you shouldn't even run non-DDR3L in Haswell at all. 

Just now, Mark77 said:

If its a Haswell-based laptop, it will require DDR3L instead of just normal DDR3.  You might want to verify that both sticks are DDR3L standard if this is the case.  If one is DDR3, and the other is DDR3L, this might be the problem.  Officially you shouldn't even run non-DDR3L in Haswell at all. 

yaa both are DDR3L SODIMM

1 minute ago, Anshul Gumber said:

its proably because different Ram I dont work on laptops but it could be that it wont work because the 2 ram sticks are dual channel and the computer wont accept Dual and Single Channel Together unless Im completely wrong

Please @Dormant God or quote me if you want me to see your message/reply

Custom PC Specs
Custom PC Build: (CPU) i7-6700k (MotherBoard) GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z170 SLI ATX (RAM) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4/3000MHz (GPU) MSI GTX 1080 (Case) Crystal 570X RGB (Storage) 1 TB HDD from Seagate

3 minutes ago, Anshul Gumber said:

But the fact that you got it to work once might mean that the Single Ram Is dead

Custom PC Specs
Custom PC Build: (CPU) i7-6700k (MotherBoard) GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z170 SLI ATX (RAM) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4/3000MHz (GPU) MSI GTX 1080 (Case) Crystal 570X RGB (Storage) 1 TB HDD from Seagate

4 minutes ago, Anshul Gumber said:

If I were you I'd Just Stick with 4 GB and Save

Custom PC Specs