Wifi

hey guy I am get a Asus n300 but I am with windstream and there router gives me 11 download and 1.5 upload but I heard if u buy a after market that could help right explain if I am wrong 

It depends on how good the router in the modem/router combo is. My place has an AT&T U-Verse modem/router which for some reason AT&T thinks it's perfectly fine in 2013 (which is when we got it) to have Wi-Fi speeds up to 802.11g. So I got a wireless router that can work as an Access Point, plugged it into the modem/router, and got a better WiFi network that way.

Just keep in mind it won't affect your internet speeds, that's at the mercy of the ISP. But having a good local area network is just as important if you're hooking up lots of devices.

That the highest but ppl tell me that they hold it bck so u can't get better internet 

Just now, Linkzcsgo said:

That the highest but ppl tell me that they hold it bck so u can't get better internet 

Oh, you mean the modem? If the ISP allows you, you can buy your own modem, but that won't guarantee your speeds will increase dramatically. It still depends on how much the network is being used and how well the infrastructure is maintained. There's dozens of reasons why you aren't getting your advertised speeds and most of them are beyond your control.