I bought a 950 Pro 512GB

UnitD77

Ok so I didn't buy it... I asked for it for my birthday, and someone actually shelled out $315 to spend on me. Crazy I know. I might of prefered a 500GB 850 EVO and some cool LED case fans.

Well I got it installed, and I tell you, the boot time is to be labeled as instant. The window's blue window with my name on it flashed on the screen.

As for games... They are fast.... How fast compared to, a 850 EVO.... I'm not sure, I don't have a 850 EVO. In fact I didn't have a SSD before the 950 Pro.

It did bring the total price of my PC to $1900. 

I went on Userbenchmark and tested the speed there for now, And it was the fastest in every single category.

My Crystal Disk results were as follows.

Read [MB/s]                   Write [MB/s]

2404                                 1495

1062                                 384.3

1825                                 1526

46.15                                238.8

I wanted to share my results, and Have someone show me their 850 EVO is only a smidge slow and I wont see any gaming benefits. Gotta feel bad about my gift somehow right?

day to day use, for end user, it won't matter the difference between a NVMe drive and a SATA one

1 minute ago, UnitD77 said:

Ok so I didn't buy it... I asked for it for my birthday, and someone actually shelled out $315 to spend on me. Crazy I know. I might of prefered a 500GB 850 EVO and some cool LED case fans.

Well I got it installed, and I tell you, the boot time is to be labeled as instant. The window's blue window with my name on it flashed on the screen.

As for games... They are fast.... How fast compared to, a 850 EVO.... I'm not sure, I don't have a 850 EVO. In fact I didn't have a SSD before the 950 Pro.

It did bring the total price of my PC to $1900.

I went on Userbenchmark and tested the speed there for now, And it was the fastest in every single category.

My Crystal Disk results were as follows.

Read [MB/s]                   Write [MB/s]

2404                                 1495

1062                                 384.3

1825                                 1526

46.15                                238.8

I wanted to share my results, and Have someone show me their 850 EVO is only a smidge slow and I wont see any gaming benefits. Gotta feel bad about my gift somehow right?

I have a 950 pro 512GB as my OS/Boot drive. Such a beast, takes me longer to Post than to Load up Windows. Then got 850 Pro 512GB's in RAID 10 for my data :P

I have a raid 0 ssd array as a boot drive, also near instant. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

8 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

what's your bios time? task manager -> startup -> last bios time

33.6 seconds? I duno how that compares.