Worth Hybrid or Both SSD and HDD

Master Kusho

I'm considering just buying a 120gb SSD to boot up my system so i can get on it fast and maybe put some of my favorite games on there but i know it's not going to be enough to store all of my files so i'm looking to get atleast a 2tb HDD for for file storage.

But what makes a good SSD/HDD and what would you recommend

Something like a Sandisk SSD Plus and WD Blue or Seagate Barracuda is a good combination for a good price. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Something like a Sandisk SSD Plus and WD Blue or Seagate Barracuda is a good combination for a good price. 

Right now i'm looking at the  Samsung 120GB SATA III 6GB/s R/W(Max) 540MB/s/520MB/s 2.5". 7mm  for my SSD and Seagate SATA3 2TB 7200RPM Barracuda 64mb Cache for my HDD, are these any good ?

What makes a HDD or SSD good ?

2 minutes ago, Master Kusho said:

Right now i'm looking at the  Samsung 120GB SATA III 6GB/s R/W(Max) 540MB/s/520MB/s 2.5". 7mm  for my SSD and Seagate SATA3 2TB 7200RPM Barracuda 64mb Cache for my HDD, are these any good ?

What makes a HDD or SSD good ?

Yep, both are good. 

A mixture of performance, reliability, cost and other factors make them good. Most storage solutions are not bad, but there are some exceptions.  

Hello,

Its a pretty good combo.

You will most likely not go wrong with this choice for the price, although, if i' d have the money i' d go for the WD Black instead of the Seagate Barracuda.

Just choose whats best for you and your wallet.

-Andre

Just now, andreboy70 said:

Hello,

Its a pretty good combo.

You will most likely not go wrong with this choice for the price, although, if i' d have the money i' d go for the WD Black instead of the Seagate Barracuda.

Just choose whats best for you and your wallet.

-Andre

Yeah the WD Black is fairly expensive tho, idk if i want to shell out the cash for it, do you know what benefit it has over the normal WD blue ?

1 minute ago, Master Kusho said:

Yeah the WD Black is fairly expensive tho, idk if i want to shell out the cash for it, do you know what benefit it has over the normal WD blue ?

Lasts longer but is louder. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, Master Kusho said:

Only thing i can say is the speed, the WD Black runs a fair ammount faster then the WD blue or Seagate Barracuda, but like i said, choose the one you want and that you can afford, also an important thing for some people: WD black is a bit louder.

-Andre

You probably wont see much of any performance difference day to day from a wd blue to a wd black, considering your also using an ssd boot drive. I've 3 2tb blues and a 250gb 850 evo in my main rig and haven't found any speed issues, besides maybe moving a 1tb of video but it's not like i do that often at all.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

1 hour ago, it_dont_work said:

You probably wont see much of any performance difference day to day from a wd blue to a wd black, considering your also using an ssd boot drive. I've 3 2tb blues and a 250gb 850 evo in my main rig and haven't found any speed issues, besides maybe moving a 1tb of video but it's not like i do that often at all.

I'm only using the SSD for boot up, i don't intend on storing games or anything like that on there SSD costs too much money right now 

1 minute ago, Master Kusho said:

I'm only using the SSD for boot up, i don't intend on storing games or anything like that on there SSD costs too much money right now 

I don't either, all the my files and steam library sit on mechanical hdd's. 120gb is fine for a boot drive after your docs/photos/videos/downloads/large aps and games point to a mechanical drive. I just like the little extra space a 250gb offers, my whole install atm only used about 30gb

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige