New build

Shane0919

Hey guys. Just wanting to show my first build. Im open to oppinions/ suggestions. My specs are:

CPU: I5 6400
GPU: Asus strix R9 390x
Cooler: asetek 550lc
Ram: 8gb adata ddr4 2800
Storage: adata 256gb ssd and wd black 1tb
Mobo: Asus Maximus hero VIII
Fans:CORSAIR LED FANS
Psu: corsair rm1000i (yes I know overkill, but I'm getting another r9 390x)

I have the Logitech g910 spectrum, and Logitech g602.

tips? Oppinions?

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

Very nice! My personal opinion would be to clean up the wires a little, they're already done really well, but they draw attention, especially the one wrapped around the fan a few times. I'd also work on getting a solid two tone color scheme going, or go for an USA type theme. Red Blue Black seems almost like you were throwing random fans in.

Great build though, should post the scores you get in games.

3 minutes ago, SysAdminInTraining said:

Very nice! My personal opinion would be to clean up the wires a little, they're already done really well, but they draw attention, especially the one wrapped around the fan a few times. I'd also work on getting a solid two tone color scheme going, or go for an USA type theme. Red Blue Black seems almost like you were throwing random fans in.

Great build though, should post the scores you get in games.

Is there any way i could hide the fan cables? And thanks! Im thinking about putting non led fans, and just get rgb led strips

8 minutes ago, Shane0919 said:

Is there any way i could hide the fan cables? And thanks! Im thinking about putting non led fans, and just get rgb led strips

That's a great idea! I would rotate the fan until the wire runs into the wall of the case to the back. Then just tuck it back there and run it out where you need to plug it into the header. All slack should be tucked in the back. Minimal wire at all times to be seen, UNLESS they are custom cables, then it's acceptable to have a little more showing in the build. (Wider loops into the GPU/Mobo, etc.)

5 minutes ago, SysAdminInTraining said:

That's a great idea! I would rotate the fan until the wire runs into the wall of the case to the back. Then just tuck it back there and run it out where you need to plug it into the header. All slack should be tucked in the back. Minimal wire at all times to be seen, UNLESS they are custom cables, then it's acceptable to have a little more showing in the build. (Wider loops into the GPU/Mobo, etc.)

Alright thanks man! Ill do that tomorrow when i get home. And the back part of the case(where you route the cables) is really packed, and it makes the side bulge. Any ideas?

Just now, Shane0919 said:

Alright thanks man! Ill do that tomorrow when i get home. And the back part of the case(where you route the cables) is really packed, and it makes the side bulge. Any ideas?

Hit us up with a picture of the cable management, you don't have a lot of extras that should cause that, the only thing I can think of is better routing your cables. Really with that case you should have plenty of room even if you did a horrible job back there.

6 minutes ago, Shane0919 said:

Flatmount your cables. the 400C doesn't have a ton of excess cable space in the back like a lot of more modern cases do, but there is still more than a lot of the more budget cases can afford. You just gotta get creative, but they should be able to fit fairly easily.

You could always upload a picture of your cable management if you want specific advice =)

Okay..

To make everything more symmetrical and easy on the eyes I'd place the CPU radiator as the exhaust fan on the back, this wont impact performance but will definetly be the better choice in terms of looks.

As for the top motherboard power cable (I'm guessing 8pin?), route it behind the motherboard then above! I'm sure it'll reach.

And I see you choose to route the cables beside the backplate.. Don't. Use the holes made for it, it doesn't really matter if 8 cables goes through the same hole, it looks better since you don't have to stretch them so much longer.

3 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Okay..

To make everything more symmetrical and easy on the eyes I'd place the CPU radiator as the exhaust fan on the back, this wont impact performance but will definetly be the better choice in terms of looks.

As for the top motherboard power cable (I'm guessing 8pin?), route it behind the motherboard then above! I'm sure it'll reach.

And I see you choose to route the cables beside the backplate.. Don't. Use the holes made for it, it doesn't really matter if 8 cables goes through the same hole, it looks better since you don't have to stretch them so much longer.

I was about to mention that the Rad placement is just...I dunno man, I dunno

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

3 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Okay..

Yeah, that 8 pin will not reach. I was lucky to get it in where it is now

Just now, MysticalRainXIV said:

I was about to mention that the Rad placement is just...I dunno man, I dunno

He's new, and as mentioned; it doesn't hurt performance at all. So technically it's fine.

Just now, MVPernula said:

He's new, and as mentioned; it doesn't hurt performance at all. So technically it's fine.

I know it doesnt hurt performance but man it just looks so off I dont understand it.

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

2 minutes ago, Shane0919 said:

Yeah, that 8 pin will not reach. I was lucky to get it in where it is now

It will definetly reach.

Your corsair case is one of the smaller ones, and that PSU is a monster. I really don't see how the cables wouldn't reach, the physical length of the cable is more than enough. If something is in the way in the back you can try to tidy it up a bit, I know it's a hassle but you'll win in looks.

Almost all standard PSU cables fit any case, I had a Corsair 730T (a case much larger than yours) which cable length also wasn't a factor in. If I'm wrong however I can recommend buying a small extension for the cable, this way it will surely reach.

6 minutes ago, MysticalRainXIV said:

I know it doesnt hurt performance but man it just looks so off I dont understand it.

Yeah it is a little off.