Need help resolving BSOD

The Robot

So whenever I go to launch Sony Vegas or Premiere Pro I get a BSOD. The error is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nvlddmkm.sys) and attached is a blue screen viewer screenshot. I am running windows 10, i7 4690k, gtx970, 16gb ram, maximus vii hero. If you need any more information please ask. Thanks for all the help.

dbcf875fe9.png

-The Robot

open cmd as administrator and type:

sfc /scannow

if that comes up with errors, there's your problem (and most likely also your fix)

if that doesnt come up with errors, it's most likely bad ram.

Sounds like a video driver crash. Reinstall the latest driver from Nvidia (assuming that's your GPU manufacturer, hence the "nvlddmkm.sys")

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

6 hours ago, evilarceus said:

Sounds like a video driver crash. Reinstall the latest driver from Nvidia (assuming that's your GPU manufacturer, hence the "nvlddmkm.sys")

nicely spotted there, my 3AM brain didnt :P

21 hours ago, evilarceus said:

I reinstalled video drivers but the same thing is occurring. There is some progress as now after affects works but premiere pro doesn't work. Any more suggestions?

-The Robot

1 minute ago, The Robot said:

I reinstalled video drivers but the same thing is occurring. There is some progress as now after affects works but premiere pro doesn't work. Any more suggestions?

Doesn't work? Does it BSOD or does Premiere Pro crash? You can try reinstalling Premiere Pro and reverting any overclocks (if you do have any at all on your system)

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

When launching premier pro, as it is finishing it BSODs. I have reinstalled premiere pro and only have overclocks on my cpu. I will revert those and see what happens. The next thing I will try is to move my gpu to slot 3 as slot 1 is bad, and if this fixes it then slot 2 is bad as well.

-The Robot

So I tried to place the gpu in the 3rd slot but there wasnt enough clearance so I tried the 1st and it worked. The problem is that once put under load it reboots and defaults to integrated graphics, not recognizing gpu in system. I have also tried reinstalling the programs. Any other suggestions?

-The Robot

11 hours ago, The Robot said:

So I tried to place the gpu in the 3rd slot but there wasnt enough clearance so I tried the 1st and it worked. The problem is that once put under load it reboots and defaults to integrated graphics, not recognizing gpu in system. I have also tried reinstalling the programs. Any other suggestions?

Use DDU and try earlier drivers revision. Also a dump file would help.

14 hours ago, The Robot said:

Here is the dump file https://www.mediafire.com/?6k7n5g8fazokpye

If it's BSOD, it's not hardware, you don't have to swap components. It a driver/software problem.

Try to downgrade to 368.81, it looks like it's the most stable nvidia drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/drivers/results/105037

You have upgraded your drivers August 25th...

Or downgrade/reset your OS, it seems that you have upgraded to Windows 10586.589 recently, September 7th. Some drivers got upgraded during that OS update.

Either that or pick up anniversary update to test stability.

Please try those and post result, thanks.

On 9/24/2016 at 7:41 AM, raphidy said:

If it's BSOD, it's not hardware, you don't have to swap components. It a driver/software problem.

Try to downgrade to 368.81, it looks like it's the most stable nvidia drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/drivers/results/105037

You have upgraded your drivers August 25th...

Or downgrade/reset your OS, it seems that you have upgraded to Windows 10586.589 recently, September 7th. Some drivers got upgraded during that OS update.

Either that or pick up anniversary update to test stability.

Please try those and post result, thanks.

I have done these things and finally got it working. I think what caused this originally was installing windows 10 in July because when I first installed it windows downloaded its own video drivers. I probably had 2 on my system or  something. Thanks for all the help.

-The Robot

12 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Is your build custom or OOB setup?

It is custom

20 hours ago, The Robot said:

I have done these things and finally got it working. I think what caused this originally was installing windows 10 in July because when I first installed it windows downloaded its own video drivers. I probably had 2 on my system or  something. Thanks for all the help.

So in less than a day my problem has returned. Could it be possible that windows is automatically downloading drivers?9d20b2d2a8.png

-The Robot