Getting back into coin mining / hardware suggestions?

I haven't mined in a while but I have a GTX 780 which puts out about 270GH/s 

Can anyone recommend one of those USB miners that works with BitMinter? I would like to spend less than $300 USD. 

Thanks

Nvidia cards are crap for mining and so are the USB Block Erupter Miners.

With $300 to spend its not really worth mining.

Nvidia cards are crap for mining and so are the USB Block Erupter Miners.

With $300 to spend its not really worth mining.

so this wouldn't be worth $25?

http://www.amazon.com/ASICMiner-Block-Erupter-USB-Sapphire/dp/B00CUJT7TO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381975703&sr=8-1&keywords=bitcoin

I pretty much leave my computer on all the time but I don't want to run my card at 100% for no reason. 

so this wouldn't be worth $25?

http://www.amazon.com/ASICMiner-Block-Erupter-USB-Sapphire/dp/B00CUJT7TO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381975703&sr=8-1&keywords=bitcoin

I pretty much leave my computer on all the time but I don't want to run my card at 100% for no reason. 

Nope

http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

It would take 300+ days to pay itself off

With $300 and looking to get into coins - best bet is just use the $300 and buy the coins directly. Now adays, with the difficulty, only ASIC units are making anything, or very large pools, and then you yourself probably won't make enough to cover electricity.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Nope

http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

It would take 300+ days to pay itself off

Inputting electricity prices in my area I found that the device should pay for itself fairly quickly (kind of). I plan on mining on my laptop because of its lower power usage so that I won't be running my desktop 24/7. I already pay a set amount for my electric every month and my laptop is always plugged in so I don't count the 7w+ idle from that. 

Here is what I have found

gUHJYS4.png

Inputting electricity prices in my area I found that the device should pay for itself fairly quickly (kind of). I plan on mining on my laptop because of its lower power usage so that I won't be running my desktop 24/7. I already pay a set amount for my electric every month and my laptop is always plugged in so I don't count the 7w+ idle from that. 

gUHJYS4.png

I put in $25 as the cost of the mining hardware and left power cost at default and set consumption at 5 watts.

Still not worth doing imo, far too long for too little gain.

Take a look at this: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/64266-ultimate-bitcoin-guide/

If you need any help just post in that topic or PM me. I will be happy to help :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

If you really want to mine with ASICs then get a raspberry pi and a hub. I talk about it in my guide that is in my post above.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Take a look at this: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/64266-ultimate-bitcoin-guide/

If you need any help just post in that topic or PM me. I will be happy to help :)

I've found a seller on amazon selling block erupters for $15 each. 

I think I will end up going that route until the Blue Fury goes into full production ($140 for 2.6GH/s)

I've found a seller on amazon selling block erupters for $15 each. 

I think I will end up going that route until the Blue Fury goes into full production ($140 for 2.6GH/s)

Make sure to get a raspberry pi like I explained in my guide.

Make sure to get a raspberry pi like I explained in my guide.

I'm not sure where the Raspberry Pi comes into play. I thought that I just put a block erupter into a usb port and it will be recognized by the client (BitMinter)

I'm not sure where the Raspberry Pi comes into play. I thought that I just put a block erupter into a usb port and it will be recognized by the client (BitMinter)

The raspberry pi has a very low power draw and does not give off much heat so you have use it alongside a usb hub to run the miners 24/7 and save on power.

The raspberry pi has a very low power draw and does not give off much heat so you have use it alongside a usb hub to run the miners 24/7 and save on power.

So I would run a mining client from a raspberry pi instead of a computer?

So I would run a mining client from a raspberry pi instead of a computer?

Yes.