PC Mag's 10 tips to speed up your PC

TopWargamer

I was under the impression that this was all common knowledge by now, at least to PC users who would actually visit the site.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Was okay until I got to step 9 then I just lost it. No! PC mag just no.

Windows 8 is faster and more responsive than Windows 7. People are afraid of the metro desktop and apps, but anyone with a minimal amount of knowledge and 3$ can fix all this. With StartIsBack and a few steps, you can get rid of the metro desktop (you won't ever see it again unless you want to), no more apps doing all your stuff, no more ugly menus, etc.

So upgrading to W8 is a good advice as long as you are willing to dedicate 10 minutes to getting rid of the crap. :P

Windows 8 is faster and more responsive than Windows 7. People are afraid of the metro desktop and apps, but anyone with a minimal amount of knowledge and 3$ can fix all this. With StartIsBack and a few steps, you can get rid of the metro desktop (you won't ever see it again unless you want to), no more apps doing all your stuff, no more ugly menus, etc.

So upgrading to W8 is a good advice as long as you are willing to dedicate 10 minutes to getting rid of the crap. :P

I have used W8 with start is back and shell and a few others I still hate it, but most of my hate is coming form windows server 2012. I have a server class and this is what server we a learning to working on.( and my working on I mean manage)  I hate it soo much. 

I got pokki, its free, and its useful

Add more ram? Wow.... At least they didn't recommend downloading it

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

looks like the person was high on a buttload of pot when he wrote that point no.9

more ram=moar speed lol. bigger hdd=moar speed  :rolleyes:

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016