WAAAY to High Cpu Usage

I have an i7 3610qm, and now, whenever i use my laptop, the Cpu, and Ram usage goes to about 90%!

I have noticed that when i exit Google Chrome, the usage goes down to about 80%.

Task manager says that all the processes add up to only 13%

I did a full pc scan using Norton 360, finding no viruses.

I started noticing this around 3-4 days ago. 

(before, my cpu never went over 20% unless i was playing a game)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Gotta hid the midget pronz.

No seriously, virus scan outside of a Windows environment.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

yeah that happen to me i just stopped using Google chrome and start using Firefox

Manners Maketh Man

I have an i7 3610qm, and now, whenever i use my laptop, the Cpu, and Ram usage goes to about 90%!

I have noticed that when i exit Google Chrome, the usage goes down to about 80%.

Task manager says that all the processes add up to only 13%

I did a full pc scan using Norton 360, finding no viruses.

I started noticing this around 3-4 days ago. 

(before, my cpu never went over 20% unless i was playing a game)

do you have windows 8 or 7

Manners Maketh Man

Uninstall all the applications you don't need, and don't use chrome. Also, Norton is terrible.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Some updates and apps running in the background you will need to delete.

Open task manager, find the tasks that are using a lot of cpu percentage,

Check how important that task is by googling it

Right click and open file location

End the task, then delete the file

This does help reduce the cpu load and get rid of unwanted programs running in the background.

Be very careful what you delete or end process

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

This sounds like you are infected with a malicious software running in the background. Norton 360 is as blind as Ray Charles when it comes to finding serious viruses. You can open task manager and then go to the processes tab, if it is not selected already, then click on the Show processes from all users on the bottom of that window and then look for what process is using up your PC's resources and end the process.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Be sure to delete the file after you end the process or it will start up again when you reboot

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Run msconfig to stop crap you dont need from starting up and scan with malwarebytes.

Corsair 250d - - Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz (1.15v) - - Asus Maximus VI Impact - - Corsair h100i  

Asus DirectCU II OC GTX780 - - NZXT x41 & G10 w/ Push/Pull Noctua IndustrialPPC's - - Corsair ax760i 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz  - - Samsung 840 pro (boot) - - Samsung Evo (gaming) - - WD green HDD (data)

do you have windows 8 or 7

windows 7

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Danger danger virus will robinson ctrl alt reformat lol