Best Value for Money GPU between 250-450€

Evann

So i already made my thoughts, but i really would like to hear yours.

Here are the GPU's i'm thinking about:

Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury - currently selling for 299€

+ Good price / performance, especially with DX12 and Vulcan

+ Quite GPU (very important for me)

+ HBM Memory (playing in WQHD and 4k)

- Very High Power Draw

- Only 4GB of VRAM

NVIDIA GTX 980 ti - starting at 399€       and         NVIDIA GTX 1070 - starting at around 420€

~ similar performance

+ little bit cheaper                                                    + newer

+ Can be Overclocked better                                   + 2GB more Vram
                                                                                  + has least Power Consumtion

and then there is the RX480 i'm not really sure about.. since IMO it's worse then than R9 Fury, even tho it has more memory.

I currently got a quite old PSU, it's a beQuite L8 630W, is it enough for the Fury and a i5 6600?

What do you think is the best buy?

Thanks! :) 

From these the best GPU definitely is the GTX 1070 - the least power draw, the most VRAM and it's the newest. It's also the fastest.

i7 6800K

Corsair H110i GT

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB) 3200MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB

R9 270X

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

BenQ XL2411Z

5 minutes ago, kosamchetoo said:

From these the best GPU definitely is the GTX 1070 - the least power draw, the most VRAM and it's the newest. It's also the fastest.

in some Vulcan and DX12 Benchmarks the Fury was on par or even better than the 1070.. for over 100€ less..

Best price to performance GPU: RX480 4GB

Most performance: 1070

Best GPU without having to spend that much: 1060 6GB

You're not gonna be able to get a GPU with HBM memory unless you opt for a fury (non-X as fury Xs seems to be Overpriced atm) where it used to be actually very good value for monies costing the same as mid-range 980s (price wise) offering more performance but with the 1060 and 1070 launch (which drove the price of the 980 down), it's not that good price to performance anymore...

1 minute ago, Evann said:

in some Vulcan and DX12 Benchmarks the Fury was on par or even better than the 1070.. for over 100€ less..

DX11 the 1070 destroys the fury but DX11/vulkan, the fury may be better but the 1070 is probably the better option with more VRAM and well...the DX12 titles batch so far is just too small to really say AMD has the upper hand :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

There are few games that currently use DX12/Vulcan and even in them the performance increase over DX11 is 5 fps more at best.

i7 6800K

Corsair H110i GT

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB) 3200MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB

R9 270X

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

BenQ XL2411Z

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

DX11 the 1070 destroys the fury but DX11/vulkan, the fury may be better but the 1070 is probably the better option with more VRAM and well...the DX12 titles batch so far is just too small to really say AMD has the upper hand

Thank you.. i actually wanted to wait for the new AMD GPU's, since it was said that they could still come q4 2016.. but i have read an artical that vega will first arrive q1 2017.. and then to wait till there are good custom models.. zZz - i don't know if i want to wait that long anymore, since i right now have no GPU at all.

Thank you.. i actually wanted to wait for the new AMD GPU's, since it was said that they could still come q4 2016.. but i have read an artical that vega will first arrive q1 2017.. and then to wait till there are good custom models.. zZz - i don't know if i want to wait that long anymore, since i right now have no GPU at all.

Well you could wait for it...what GPU do you have? If you don't mind lowering some settings down for the moment then you may as well wait and see (plus you'll have more money by then and the 1080 ti might be out as well ;))

3 minutes ago, kosamchetoo said:

There are few games that currently use DX12/Vulcan and even in them the performance increase over DX11 is 5 fps more at best.

5 FPS at best?

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/deus_ex_mankind_divided_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,9.html

DX12 Benchmark, Fury has the lead OVER the 800€ 1080

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/950177/geforce-1000-series/fury-x-smashes-1070-with-vulkan-on-doom-/

Doom Vulcan Benchmark.. Fury smahes the 1070..

and no matter what, dx12 is the future..

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well you could wait for it...what GPU do you have? If you don't mind lowering some settings down for the moment then you may as well wait and see (plus you'll have more money by then and the 1080 ti might be out as well ;))

reread my last sentence..

" since i right now have no GPU at all. " - I'm playing with my intel 530 ..

2 minutes ago, Evann said:

reread my last sentence..

" since i right now have no GPU at all. " - I'm playing with my intel 530 ..

Ah...ermmmm....well...I'm sure 4 more months of 720p gaming will be fine right? xD 

You could always just get a 980ti/1070/fury and call it a day :P 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Ah...ermmmm....well...I'm sure 4 more months of 720p gaming will be fine right? xD 

You could always just get a 980ti/1070/fury and call it a day :P 

if 720p gaming would work.. that'd be great.. i can play Overwatch on 720p all on low with 1/4 of rendering distance, free cancer guaranteed!

The only game that runs flawless is Starcaft 2 <3 even in Full HD with over 60 FPS.

if 720p gaming would work.. that'd be great.. i can play Overwatch on 720p all on low with 1/4 of rendering distance, free cancer guaranteed!

The only game that runs flawless is Starcaft 2 <3 even in Full HD with over 60 FPS.

If you really wanna wait then why don't you just pick up a used 7950 or something for real cheap right now and wait till vega and whatever else is out nawh? 

R9 Fury is better than a 980, 1060 and a 480, at 1440p it's only a little behind the 980Ti, for that price? I'd say grab it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

If you really wanna wait then why don't you just pick up a used 7950 or something for real cheap right now and wait till vega and whatever else is out nawh? 

tbh i really would like to grab the Fury.. it has always been a dreamcard.. but i surely never wanted to spent 600€ for it.

Will my L8 630W exlopde or not?

Heared the Fury has very loud coil whine, is it really that annoying? Since my PC is literally 50cm next to my head.

Jup DX12/Vulkan is future, but still it depends on how well it is implemented and what game. Also several games where DX12 performance is beaten by DX 11. Have been series from both sides battling with a certain DX support. But overall lesson I take from that, is that waiting on what might be is not an overall good thing. Also what titles you play now is more important for your decission in my opinion.

I would lean towards a 1070.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

tbh i really would like to grab the Fury.. it has always been a dreamcard.. but i surely never wanted to spent 600€ for it.

Will my L8 630W exlopde or not?

Heared the Fury has very loud coil whine, is it really that annoying? Since my PC is literally 50cm next to my head.

Ermmmm...I want to say you might be fine but at the same time, it's not a very good unit...if you can, even getting a bronze rated Seasonic unit would be better as they're better in quality than that bequiet unit :D 

You talking about the fury or fury X? 

I'm not sure about the coil whine bit :/ 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Ermmmm...I want to say you might be fine but at the same time, it's not a very good unit...if you can, even getting a bronze rated Seasonic unit would be better as they're better in quality than that bequiet unit :D 

You talking about the fury or fury X? 

I'm not sure about the coil whine bit :/ 

i know the PSU is crap xD - i think i'll go with a EVGA SuperNOVA G2, but since i don't have a GPU right now, it's not that important^^..

I am talking about the Fury.... the Fury X is also really cheap here, starting at just 313€ (saw it some weeks ago..) .. but there is no place for a radiator.. i have a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX case, and i already have a 240mm Radiator ontop - And i surely don't want to replace one of my 140mm Phanteks Fans with it..

i know the PSU is crap xD - i think i'll go with a EVGA SuperNOVA G2, but since i don't have a GPU right now, it's not that important^^..

I am talking about the Fury.... the Fury X is also really cheap here, starting at just 313€ (saw it some weeks ago..) .. but there is no place for a radiator.. i have a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX case, and i already have a 240mm Radiator ontop - And i surely don't want to replace one of my 140mm Phanteks Fans with it..

Yeah, the G2 is a great PSU :D 

The fury X is that cheap...god damn...all of them are still MSRP in the UK ;-;

11 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yeah, the G2 is a great PSU :D 

The fury X is that cheap...god damn...all of them are still MSRP in the UK ;-;

I just bought Crysis on steam for 3€, and yes - Intel integrated can run Crysis in FullHD B|

Intel Masterrace! 

If you see a good 980TI at a good price I would go for that. As its as good as a 1070 in gaming but actually a little better when it comes to rendering and stuff like that due to having more Cuda Cores. Other than that a 1070 would be a good option if u can stretch that far.

I just bought Crysis on steam for 3€, and yes - Intel integrated can run Crysis in FullHD B|

Intel Masterrace! 

I still cry...rip my dual 290X and 5820k setup...now I have a kinda unbalanced build...known as a 5820K and a RX470 :P 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

I still cry...rip my dual 290X and 5820k setup...now I have a kinda unbalanced build...known as a 5820K and a RX470 :P 

why did you do that? To loud? To much Power consumption? o.O

2 minutes ago, Evann said:

why did you do that? To loud? To much Power consumption? o.O

One got it's VRM fucked and one got some of it's vRAM chips fucked :/ 

This is why you don't overclock hard with reference boards ;-; (sigh...max 65C core, 70C VRMs but nope, there was just too much voltage/wattage flowing through the VRM)...rip dual 290X OCed 1220/1350MHz :/

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

One got it's VRM fucked and one got some of it's vRAM chips fucked :/ 

This is why you don't overclock hard with reference boards ;-; (sigh...max 65C core, 70C VRMs but nope, there was just too much voltage/wattage flowing through the VRM)...rip dual 290X OCed 1220/1350MHz :/

ouch..:/ my HD 7950 died because for whatever reason the FAN's stopped spinning an it was running on a permanent 120°C without shutting down or anything.. 

If you boot the PC now you simply have a black screen.. one out of 20 bootups it starts normally and works just fine.. looking good on my shelf tho..^^ - Not sure if i should try "cooking" it. 

1 hour ago, Evann said:

but the power draw on the r9 fury is insane... 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein