4K G-SYNC WORTH IT

Is there a difference (well, obliviously yes, but how much of a difference) between "normal" 4k monitors and the g-sync ones. I plan on buying a gtx 1080 for 4k and than buying another later down the road when the 1080ti will be out. So I saw my budget allows me for g-sync but with a founders edition 1080 OR I could just buy a 4k monitor without g-sync but with a highly overclockable 1080 (AMP extreme) PLUS with a 750ti as a physx card. Which one would benefit me the most?

So true it hurts

4k no gsync + 1080 (dont need dedicated physx card)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I recently picked up a 4K display that is non G-Sync/FreeSync and have to say unless you have some serious GPU power to keep your frame rate at 60+ FPS you would be better off with a G-Sync or FreeSync monitor. I get allot of tearing and have to drop down details quite a bit to get 60+ FPS and regret not getting a FreeSync display. Even SLI 1080's have issues running the games I play with high details at 4K with a constant 60+ FPS.

I don't think the slight benefit in moving from a founders edition of the 1080 to a custom card really makes much more than a few FPS difference at 4K and think you would be better off with a G-Sync/FreeSync display.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

I would recommend GSYNC for 4K simply because of how demanding games can be at that resolution.  Dips in FPS below 60 are pretty commonplace even with very beefy hardware.  GSYNC makes those dips far less noticeable than they might otherwise be and can make even a ~40 FPS experience feel as smooth as a ~60 FPS one.  

Also don't get a founders edition card.  You're better off getting a similarly priced third party card, you don't have to shell out an extra $100-200 on some extreme overclocking card. (Especially when pascal sucks dick at overclocking) and the physX card would be a retarded waste of money.

As for monitors, I've been using an Acer XB280HK which is a 28 inch 4K GSYNC panel for about two years now and I've really liked it.  There's probably better monitors you can get now though.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti